Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swine Flu - Over hyped (rant)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Has anyone else had enough of the hype the media has caused about Swine Flu?

I know I am... it's in the news every day, and it's been made out into this major issue, and everyone is panicing, blah blah blah.

I would just like to outline the most common treatement for swine flu... house rest!

It's no bloody worse than the flu that goes around every year! Unless you're a pig!

The mortailty rate from it is less than 10%... which is exactly the same as the most common strain of the usual flu that goes around.

And in both cases, it's usually complications from the flu that casue these deaths anyway!

Why is the world in such a panic about it?

Just watched some interview with some mum complaining that when she took her son to emergency with a fever... they where made to wait for 3 hours!!!

Last time i was in emergency with a gash in my head and a broken hand i waited 6 bloody hours! In a freakin neckbrace!!

And then she goes to say that it's not good enough and they are putting peoples lives at risk!!! No their not! If everyone with a fever and the flu went to emergency we'd have some SERIOUS issues!

Now I understand were she is coming from, she gets all of her information from the news and media so going on that, swine flu is the new black plague.

Maybe the media should finally start giving people a proper overview of the issue rather than just grabbing for ratings by fueling the panic!

Grrrr! :bang:

joel448

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR LEXCEN/COMMODORE
couldn't agree with ya more,
media has too much control over the general public, and they abuse it, along with their rights of free speech.
**** swine flu.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yes ^ , its so hyped up to this point that everyone is going nuts over a common flu

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
LMFAO, this should be in the jokes section. Suggesting the media should report the truth, not just crap for ratings....haha, ****in good one man!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Swine flu is just the latest. It will be something else in a year or two and the world will still be here.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Swine flu is just the latest. It will be something else in a year or two and the world will still be here.

Reaper

Although, every day i pray I wake up and the world has faced "The Stand".

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid

A rather far fetched scenario don't you think?

A Z for Zachariah world ending is more likely...

aZk.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
2010: The worst cat flu the world has ever seen. The Asian dim sim market went to sh*t and the economy is yet to recover...

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
you cant put all the blame on the media if the general public actually thought about it before they start panicing theres a fair chance there wouldnt be all this hype

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Sorry a bit off topic but I can't resist

Hahahahahaha I hope the praying part is just an expression and not literal :p All these years of anti religion posts and u pray, bloody closet bible basher :whistling

Back on topic yeh its stupid media driven paranoia, friggen bird flu, horse flu, mad cow disease, swine flu I same old **** they just change the name of the animal.