Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swirl / smokey hazey type stuff

DavoVP

Reaction score
Hey Im in need of some advice.

Where i live ive had a bat **** constantly on my car, If i get to it generally it comes of without a problem.

But i had a couple of spots on the bonnet / roof that no amount of scrubbing with a sponge could remove, Then i had a brilliant idea, But in hindsight it was a realy stupid idea........ Why not use a baby wipe ? they clean basically everything and dont feel like they will scratch the clear !

Long story short, everywhere i touched with the baby wipe is lightly scratched to the point it looks like a fine haze when you catch it in the right light.

Depending on light conditions you cant see it at all, but say at night under fluorescent lights at a service station it stands out like dogs balls.

How can i fix this ? The paint isnt two years old yet, and not takeing into account the swirl marks the dumbarse painter left in it, it looks pretty good !

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
There's millions of different polishes / compounds on the market that will correct or at least improve it.

Try Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound. Then give it a wax afterwards, if you're that way inclined.

Scrubbing with a sponge? *cringe!*

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
spend a few hundred and get it prof polished.

scratch x fills scratches, you want them polished out and then a final polish to remove the swirls then a wax to seal.

its alot of work and a head#### and easier to just pay someone to do it

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7