Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Switch fog lights for driving lights

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
G'day everyone, having thoughts about removing my fog lights for some night driving lights...
Is this possible? Has anyone here dome this to their ride?
I'm hoping it's just a matter of changing the globes and maybe covers in the bumper?
All input gratefully received :)

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
It can be done. Keep in mind that they can only be used on high beam. They should be wired so they won't work on low beam.

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Thanks guys.
Is the wiring (to use the current "fog light on" set up for the driving lights) something I could do myself? If I just switched the lights over then I could continue to pull out the light switch to turn on the driving lights right?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I don't know enough about wiring to answer your first question. For the second question
it would still be illegal because it would still be possible to drive the car on low beam with
the driving lights on. If you have ever had a car come towards you with driving lights on
with low beam you will know why. There must come a day when you forget to push the
switch back in. You would have to hard wire the lights to ensure it doesn't happen.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
G'day everyone, having thoughts about removing my fog lights for some night driving lights...
Is this possible? Has anyone here dome this to their ride?
I'm hoping it's just a matter of changing the globes and maybe covers in the bumper?
All input gratefully received :)

Thanks guys.
Is the wiring (to use the current "fog light on" set up for the driving lights) something I could do myself? If I just switched the lights over then I could continue to pull out the light switch to turn on the driving lights right?

Need to find a wiring diagram for a HSV E2/3, their auxiliary lights are driving lights.
They only illuminate with high beam, the push/pull headlight switch has no function.
The lamps are different to VE fog lights, different lenses and reflectors.
HSV's use H3 inserts, whereas Holden use H11/10 inserts in the fog lights.

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Good stuff, thanks Imoengnr