Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] [SYD] FS - 2004 VZ Calais LS1 HBD

DRAGONKZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
L98 VS Caprice Wagon + LS1 VZ Calais
Up for sale is the first of my two cars.

Reason for sale is that I no longer use it, and could do with the cash to pay debts instead.

This car has had most aspects of it modified except for the engine/gearbox/exhaust. It also has a fairly higher end "SQ" based stereo installed in it, but it has been installed in a way to keep it looking as stock as possible.

This post may be considered fairly long, as I'm trying to accurately list all the details for the car, so please bare with me.

Details of the car are below:

Model: 2004 VZ Calais - HBD Plated
HBD Options: Roof Mounted DVD Player, "L" Series 18" Wheels
Colour: Black (Phantom Mica)
Body Mods: Front guards have been rolled
Engine Type: 5.7L LS1 (Fly By Wire)
Engine Mods: None
Exhaust: Stock
Gearbox: 4L60E (Stock)
Diff: 3.46 Gears, Harrop Tru Trac, Harrop Sports Diff Cover
Brakes: Harrop 6 piston fronts + 381mm rotors, 4 piston rears + 356mm rotors, Harrop braided lines.
Suspension: Tein Super Street Coil Overs
Wheels: 20" HSVi SuperSports (Machined to fit pre VE)
Tyres: Achillies ATR Sport 245/30/20
Window Tint: Darkest Legal Tint
Sunroof: Hollandia 700 Series Sunroof With Rain Sensor and Rolled Edges (Complete roof was re-sprayed after getting the edges rolled)
Other Mods: Satin Silver Footrest, Brake Pedal, and Accelerator Pedal

Stereo:
Source - Alpine IVA-W502E
Processor - Alpine PXA-H701
Bluetooth - Alpine KCE-400BTI
Sat Nav - Alpine NVE-M300P
TV Tuner - Alpine TUE-T150DVA
Front Speakers - Boston Z6
Rear Speakers - Boston Z6
Amp for Speakers - ARC Audio SE4200
Amp for Subs - ARC Audio SE2300
Subs - 2 x IDMAX 12.V3
Terminals - Stinger HPM terminals
Cabling - Stinger 0g/4g
Battery - Optima D34M Battery
Sound Deadening - Complete boot/bootlid, floor, and doors have had multiple layers of dynamat applied.
Other - CAT10 installed to allow steering wheel controls to work

Other items included with sale of the car:

* Original 18" "L" Series Wheels
* Original stereo bits
* Original brakes/rotors
* Brand new Sunglass Holder + Sunroof Switch
* Brand new gearstick surround plastic trim
* Brand new hazard switch
* Brand new VZ Binnacle Gauge Pod
* Possibly more bits, will look tonight.

ASKING PRICE - $26,500 negotiable
KMs - 69,XXX
Location - Bankstown area, Sydney
Rego - 9 months remaining
NO MONEY OWING ON CAR
PM me for more info or to arrange an inspection

Some of the main "good" bits about the car are as follows:

1. I've owned it for nearly 3 years, and have had it serviced by Marranos/Autowerks every 6 months
2. The car was religiously washed and vacummed up until a few months ago
3. I've put on about 20,000 KM to it in my 3 years of ownership.
4. I've replaced alot of the plastic trim parts inside due to being fussy and the originals having marks on them. These include the headlight switch, complete centre console including the piano black finish top, the flip coin compartment, glovebox rubber stoppers...etc
5. Brakes have only been on the car for approx 1 year, and the pads still have 95% remaining.
6. Tyres were put on the car for rego back in June, and have done only a few hundred KM since then (My brother borrowed the car for a few days)
7. Has no mechanical/electrical faults

The "Bad" bits about the car are as follows: (I'm fussy, and also honest, so am listing everything)

1. Paint is in normal condition for a daily driven car. Most of this was the condition I bought the car in.
2. The satin silver steering wheel/gearstick/handbrake highlights have started bubbling. I have a replacement set of all of these, just haven't installed them yet.
3. Boot seal has a tiny bit or rubber missing. Car was bought like this. I have a new seal, but have not installed it yet.
4. Plastic trim at the rear of the boot is marked from things being put in the boot. Car was bought like this. I have a new trim piece, just have not installed it yet.
5. 2-4 misc small items will need fixing next service. Eg, some of the rubber exhaust hangers, fuel filter clip...etc.
6. Some bushes in the front suspension will need replacing soon.
7. The radio facia surround is broken in 1 spot, and ideally would need replacing.
8. Drivers seat and a tiny part of the base of the rear seat have wear marks on them. I bought the car with these there.
9. Small dint in the back drivers side quarter panel, and a tiny bit of the rear taillight lense has been cracked. Someone backed in to it one afternoon when it was parked out the front and drove off before I could get their rego.

DRAGONKZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
L98 VS Caprice Wagon + LS1 VZ Calais
Any interest at all?

I know having no pics up doesn't help, and am aiming to get some new pics taken this weekend and will post them up ASAP.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Id be surprised if you even get 20k for it, somewhere around 18k would be where it will get interest.
The used car market isnt too good at the moment.
And, its nearly 9yrs old.

I paid 23k for my 06 VE V 6.0l Calais in January........

http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/all-...B403427C&EngineCCFrom=609&trecs=10&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&__N=834 1216 1247 1252 1282 4294965739 4294965857 393 412 609 703&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/all-...B403427C&EngineCCFrom=609&trecs=10&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&__N=834 1216 1247 1252 1282 4294965739 4294965857 393 412 609 703&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

Last edited:

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Great car, and I'm sure it's looked after nicely. But for $26k your kidding right? Would you take $15k?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
$15k would seem like an insult. I reckon low $20k's with all the gear he's got in it.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Other VZ ls1 are going around that anyway. The gear and any mods don't mean nothing these days, I learnt that the hard way.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
That's true. $22k would be the most I'd say.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Wow if your happy to pay $22k for 8 year old car, then that's your call lol. But if your paying that kind of money for a VZ give me $20k for my clubby and its yours lol.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
yeah sorry mate but
1. without pics you wont get any interest, you need pics up asap
2. 15-20k max more like 17k i would think but without seeing it its hard to say, mods don't exactly increase the value of a car if you know what i mean

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
i think you guys are a bit harsh, use haven't even seen the car yet. if its supper clean id be worth 20k easy to someone who is looking for one and i agree 26 is a bit much but it dose say ono, it would be like a new car with only 69,xxx thousand ks on it, there would only be a hand full vz calais on the net with that amount of low ks and being black with the cream interior is even more hard to fined.