Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sydney Edition '94' 035

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Hey i bought a VR and on the dash it has a badge saying sydney '94' with the number 035 there and on the little metal plate under the dash were the colour number is it has the hsv logo, does this mean its a hsv? also different interiour to the normal VR acclaim and a small wing ill show a photo of, let us know any ways thanx! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG014.JPG
    IMG014.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 433

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
hsv acclaim ? thats a first i guess if its stamped on the plate under the hood its gota be legit, maybe you can contact holden and quote them your vinn number and they will be able to give you a little more info

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
That HSV logo is on the tyre placard, my bad thought it was the paint, ive included a few photos of different things on it! :dance:

IMG022.JPG IMG020.JPG

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
I contacted holden and it seems it had HSV modifactions when it was made hence the HSV placard, So its sorta a HSV acclaim :driving: Pretty rare i think

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
an vr acclaim that in its day was modifyed by h.s.v is the equivalant of say a vy acclaim modifyed by h.b.d (holden by design)

that just means that the owner may have optioned a just a spoiler or a set of wheels maybe. that is all you need to get a build plate.

no offence but it doesn't raise the value of the car any at all, its not like it's a genuine GTS-R or something, whilst it may still actually be fairly rare it's not somethng that was made in limited numbers, holden would made as many vr acclaims with h.s.v options as they could posibily sell

still congratulations on a fairly tidy vr. i must say that a fairly tidy vr-vs would make me look more than say a roughish vt-vx

cheers
matt

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
the "small rear wing" is a boot lip spoiler and it came out on the s-pack commodores. they look nice. as for the hsv thing... dunno.

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Whilst it may still actually be fairly rare it's not somethng that was made in limited numbers, holden would made as many vr acclaims with h.s.v options as they could posibily sell

Hey Matt, on the badge on the dash it has a number that ill show in my attachment, It has 035 as in build 034 out of ??? i asked Holden support if they knew about it and they said ask HSV so im waiting for a response from them.

As for the Value i dont really care about if its worth more or not im just trying to find out what the car was made for with the 'sydney 94' stuff.

Thanx for your help
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dylan

Attachments

• IMG022.JPG
    IMG022.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 391

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
ive never seen that dash badge before and i dont think holden or hsv made badges like that. it possibly might be a fake badge that fits there to make the car look more valuable

hsv build no. badges hav the certain bulid no. out of the overall amount build eg. 069 of 120

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
hi again
after looking at that badge again and re-reading this thread i reckon
1. your car was optioned with a set of rims (hence the hsv tyre placard) and posibily that spoiler on the back (looks nice also, wouldn't mind that on my car) hence all the hsv badge etc etc
2. the sydney badge on the dashboard i reckon is from like a car dealer where they do cars up(or buy cars already done up like yours would have been )
then they put a badge on the dashboard like yours has to make people think it's worth more money, i remember when heaps of people traded in vr's and vs's to go to a vt-vx that we traded in shitloads of those adalaide special vehicles (do you understand what i mean, not actually a factory badge but one from a car dealer to make people think its a special car and so it is easier to sell)

so yeah you have a factory modified car that once upon a time a dealer has bought a put this badge on when he was selling this car to make it easier to sell

p.s. was just thinking since the tyre placard means your car was optioned with hsv rims from new, what sort of rims do you have on it?
are they a hsv rim or do you beleive they have been changed since the car was new to different rims

cheers
matt

Last edited:

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Thanx

Thank you its made me understand more, and yes the HSV wheels are still on there, HSV honeycomb mags, there not the most stylish mags infact there ugly :p

My car has also a different interiour to Other VR acclaims if that means anything? thanks for all your help guys :thumbsup:

Dylan