Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sydney V8Supercar show

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
Hey all,

Did anyone get out to homebush today and see the V8Supercar show?
I couldn't get out their because of work :(

Just wondering if i missed anything, or was it the usual fake car and driver signing deal.

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
I planned to take my nephew to the drags before this was announced. I was soooo dissapointed to miss it because the V8 supercars comes before anything else in my life.....even work, but I couldn't pull out of the drags because my nephew is only 10 and had been counting down the days for ages.
Its been a bit of a sore spot for me (missing it) thats why its taken me so long to reply to this post.
Apparently it was the real cars etc.
To make it worse, the drags got rained out before the doorslamers so we didnt even get to see my mate run.
BTW,, if anyone else went to the drags, post your unused Saturday and Sunday tickets with a short letter to Western Sydney International Dragway PO Box 6306 Wetherill Park DC 1851, it will be exchanged for the meet in May

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
I went and got drenched walking home. I also got ignored by Marcus Ambrose :angry: !

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
Torana said:
I also got ignored by Marcus Ambrose :angry: !

I wouldn't take it personally,,, Ambrose snubs everyone. I'm dirty on him after snubbing my 10yr old nephew at the creek. We waited for ages so he could just walk right past us saying 'sorry, cant stop'. Then we waited again and the cheeky bugger snuck out the back way :ranting:
They've been told to make more time for the fans this yr but as far as the show at homebush is concerned,,, that just sucks because they are there to meet and greet, its not like he had to go racing or anything.
Skaife did the same thing to me TWICE, so Im dirty on him too. One of the days was a Friday, there was only me and about 4 kids, they were so upset

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Yeah well I was holding my notepad out to this prick saying "Excuse me Mr. Ambrose" THREE times and he walked right past at less than a metre away and he didn't say ANYTHING. Bloody Ford Driver.

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
V8 Drivers

I wouldn't worry about Ambrose, he is renouned as being an a'hole, and why would you ruin a perfectly good peice of paper with his signature anyway. You should consider yourself lucky that you didn't get it ;)

Having met most of the drivers over the years i can tell you the following,
Skaife can be arogant at times but catch him on a good day and he will be your best mate. McConville i have found to be probably the best driver when it comes to the fans. At Bathurst we litterally bumped into him during a pit walk. He was walking back from the trailer to the garage with a member of the team. We started talking and he told the team member to leave while we had our short discussion. Some other really good approachable drivers are Peter Brock, Jimmy Richards, Russell Ingall, Besnard, Bargwanna, Bowe, Brad Jones, Seton, Tander, Morris.

Other great guys to talk to are Garry Rogers, Larry Perkins, Kym Jones, Mark Larkham. If you can get a hold of Geoff Grech then your lucky, he always seems to be too busy when you see him. Even my Club 1 hat doesn't seem to convince him to pause for a moment. Tony Cochrain is another hard catch, he seems to run in the oposite direction the second a fan looks in his direction.

At the races don't limit yourslef to just the drivers either. I have found that you often get more information out of the team members themselves. Like the guy checking the tyres or the guy sweeping the floor, these guys have tones of info and they love being recognised by the fans.

Time for me to shut up i think. :)

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
totally agree with you about McConville! I always find him to say good luck, hes my favourite driver and my local paper did a story on us, and he was more than happy to do a photo shoot with me and really appreciated it when I gave him a copy of it.
I also agree with you about the other team members, I chat to them and ask questions, theyre just as important as the drivers and they like to be appreciated.
I think most of them are friendly, although I dont talk to the ford drivers, only waited for Ambrose because my nephew likes him.
Another one who I thought was a great guy is Jason Richards, he was so nice to us and even invited us into the garage.
Agree with you about Garry, Brock, Tander, Larry......oops, like you trev, I better shut up too now or this could go on and on. My friends get sick of me rambling on about the V8's, hope you guys dont

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
miss ss said:
......oops, like you trev, I better shut up too now or this could go on and on. My friends get sick of me rambling on about the V8's, hope you guys dont

Keep it coming miss ss. I love talking about the V8s.