Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

System for a VZ Ute

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
ohk that might be the go to thanks scott_95

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
The gear you suggest seems a bit much mate, unless the system I am suggesting is too low key? It will play loud, play clear, have plenty of bass etc, it will more than likely shake your rear view mirror and all that. You must remember its a ute cab, a tiny amount of space, your sub is 50cm away from you at very most, probably 30cm away not 3 metres like in a sedan.

Where would you mount 3 amps? I don't see that being needed at all, simple is usually better when it comes to audio mate. This system would sound good and not break the bank. If you want to spend more money, get better front speakers and a better amp. Also spend a tiny bit of money on RCA leads, maybe $30/run for Stinger Pro3 or Aerpro Crystal.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah i think the system your suggesting should be plenty thanks mate, i just though if the subs from FHRX came in pairs would it be worth it to run both of them, but looking at it now and thanks to your advice i think its a bit to much money wasted on unnecessary things and an overkill on bass, the single jaycar amp would definetly be easier as i dont have to run 3 lots of power etc and like you said finding space for 3 amps haha so yeah i think thats the way ill go thanks, also would it be better if i mount the sub behind my seat or the passengers?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Which ever seat sounds best man, just try it out. Subs should not come in pairs, and you don't have to get stuff from FHRX, was just a suggestion :p Although I do recommend them, they stock almost all the good brands, awesome service, good prices etc.

Let me know how you go with everything, feel free to PM me if you need anymore help / info etc.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
i just figured go with them cos the have all the gear and pretty good prices haha and thats hard with the sub cos its only a drivers side box or a passengers haha i think ill just go drivers side lol

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey sweefu i was just wondering would it damage the speakers if i installed them and ran them off the stock H/U until i bought and installed the new one? also worked out how to change the speakers and tweeters by pulling my car apart yesterday haha so im good there thanks

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah mate, that will be fine. Just be sure not to turn the volume up too high, that could potentially damage the speakers by sending them a 'clipped signal'

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohk yeah cos im not exactly sure on how the whole 'clipped' thing worked haha would i be able to hear if they weregetting a clipped signal like any distortion or anything?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah you would, it would have to be pretty loud. Just keep it at a 'reasonable' volume, if you hear any distortion at all, turn it down. Its hard to say what a 'reasonable' volume is, but I think you'd get the idea.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Once you finish your system i think you should post some photos an what you used lol, im getting a system soon but no idea what, i will just see what you use an get rough ideas haha :) i bought some new tweeters from a mate yesterday