Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T-5 clutch/flywheels to handle big power.

WarShrike

Reaction score
Website
www.fquick.com
Members Ride
2000 Pontiac Firebird V6
Howdy guys,

I'm here stateside looking for clutch/flywheel options for my T-56 swapped Firebird.

Estimated output at the crank could approach 450kW/800Nm with this setup. Will be daily driven on around 300kW levels but turn up the wick for spirited driving and trackday events.

Looking for reasonable streetability so I don't have to deal with harsh launches that could net me getting pulled over by the local police if I chirp the tires leaving a light from a stop...

What flywheel/clutches do yall have available over there?

I might end up just having to go full custom, but wanted to see if there was anything available in the AUS area. V6's aren't quite as disliked for hot rodding in your areas compared to here and have a bit of a better market for some items.

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
There are a few places that make and sell billet flywheels in aus may have even seen a few on eBay
Pretty pricey to buy new but if you can get onto the manufacturer and ask them what sort of power they can handle
I think a standard one would take flight in a million pieces with that sort of power

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
For that sort of power levels you would be looking at a twin or triple plate clutch set up. Would suggest going custom.