Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T5 conversion with vy engine Into a vs acclaim

Ryno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 5speed
Hi, I'm dead set stuck... I have a 1997 vs acclaim series 2. Has been sitting for 2yrs because the auto gave up no drive gears n was leaking like a siv... I also have a vs s Pac ute parked up out back because it needed way to much for rego n was cheaper to buy a vx sedan than get the ute up to scratch. Since getting rear ended in the vx by a young bloke with no insurance n no money left for another car Ive had to get the acclaim going Ive taken the engine (which is out of a 2004 vy) the T5, pedal Box, part of the tailshaft,ecu,BCM,keybarrel,key identifier out of the ute and fitted it into the vs acclaim. I have had it turning over only by bridging the starter fuse, I have plenty of spark, the fuel pump is getting power to the relay but I can not get it to crank let alone for from the key... If anyone can shed some light on it is be much appreciated

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You should have left the Acclaim BCM and key setup in it and just swapped the T5 ECU, there's no need to match the BCM/key with the ECU in a VS. Does the fuel pump prime when you turn it to accessories, and does it lock/unlock when you use the remote?

Ryno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 5speed
I tried it before removing the BCM keybarrel,key n identifier. That's y I ended up doing it thinking it wasn't working with the ecu.. the fuel pump relay makes noise when turned on to the Reds but can't get it to turn over at all at the key

Ryno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 5speed
Remote Never worked in either to b honest but both ran

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No starter sounds very much like a immobilizer issue.

If you have the key in the ON position and crank the engine manually via bridging the starter relay?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yeah, try leaving the key in the 'on' position for 120 minutes or until the security light stops flashing and see if it starts.

Did you also use the T5 engine loom?

Ryno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 5speed
No starter sounds very much like a immobilizer issue.

If you have the key in the ON position and crank the engine manually via bridging the starter relay?
Yes it turns over but won't start

Ryno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 5speed
Yeah, try leaving the key in the 'on' position for 120 minutes or until the security light stops flashing and see if it starts.

Did you also use the T5 engine loom?
Will try that when I get home but yes did use the T5 harness