Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T5 Shift Enhancers

DavoVP

Reaction score
Thats what i use in my T5, seems a decent oil, very smooth with the T5

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I drove the VS again the other night, I've gota say compared the the Fiesta's gearbox the T-5 is a prety big bit of rubbish as far as being able to shift fast goes :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Just took it for a good drive and it does shift alot better and feels easier on the box, but 1st to 2nd still isnt perfect. It may just be the box though. Either way the gear oil is staying in until the next service interval.

I also correctly set the clutch pedal height. After using a metal ruler I found the correct pedal height is level with the brake pedal with the slack taken up (push on clutch pedal lightly so its firm). So freely it should sit just above the brake pedal.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nice one mate may get better with use.the 1st and 2nd gear syncros are allways the ones that get a hard life changing down gears so they do wear first

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Yeah with my 1st gear I have to rest it in and reverse is a noisy loose slut sometimes (have to hold the dog in) I might try ATF fluid but I really think it's beyond that. For $300 bucks for the box I'm pretty happy still...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, reverse gets like that on some of these boxes. You see, some people spend their lives ripping the car into reverse and grinding it - not realising that if they shift into 5th first, reverse will synch right up :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
hehe yeah, I guess Im lucky that it doesnt jump out of any gear including reverse *knock on wood*. I always select 5th before reverse when im in a hurry, or just let the box stop on its own when I cant be bothered (takes no more than 2 secs at idle speed).