Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T5

DavoVP

Reaction score
Ive got my self a 5 spd that pops outa reverse rather violently ( enuff to move your arm when your straining on the gear stick trying to hold it in )

The sad thing is all 5 forward gears are perfect, no worn synchro's changes smooth etc.

Is there anything i can do, if not, where is the best and cheapest place in brissy to get it reco'd or at the very least my reverse idler gear, plus reverse gear replaced. The selector fork is ok because it shares this with fith, and my fith is fine.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i read something a couple days ago where someone was saying their car popped out of 5/6/reverse, when they took the centre console off it showed that the bow wasn't centred and it was fouling part of the lever/mechanism. any chance this is your issue?

DavoVP

Reaction score
na man, all 3 mounts are new, and for a while i wasnt running the rubber boot ( you could see the road :p )

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Probably need a rebuild unfortunately. I have a V6 reco box if that is of any interest.

Cheers,
Reaper

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Mine does the same thing. Reversing up a little hill is risky but sometimes it handles it.
knees on wheel one hand on hand brake to release and other hand holding the reverse firmly. LOL