Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

t700 bellhousing bolts: sizes and thread???

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
Hi guys,
getting my gearbox built atm and when i pulled it out noticed there was 1 or 2 bolts missing...
i rang holden but they will not tell me size or threads just part numbers.
ive searched the web but cannot find anything

so does anyone know the sizes, quantity, and thread size of all the bolts for the bellhousing.

cheers

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I know the V6 T700 has 6 bolts. The top 4 are the same thread and AFAIK are the same length. The lower 2 are longer and use a nut on the ends but they are both the same aswell. Which are you missing? If its one of the top 4, see if all the ones you have are the same length. If still unsure thread one of the bolts into the missing hole and see when/if it bottoms out. If the gap between the bolt head and the motor is smaller than the thickness of the housing then take the bolt to a bolt shop and get another :)

When I converted mine I found a bolt missing too. Luckily the T5 I bought came with every bolt so now I have spares lol

EDIT: Or are you after the inspection cover bolts too? Then I dont know :p

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ive only ever seen 4 in all the vn's vp's and vr's ive pulled boxes out of the 2 middle side ones have never been in there LOL

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
haha thats a bit strange. ones that have never had the box out? maybe theyre just a bit hard to get to. I recall the middle one on the passengers side was a bit tricky for some reason. but I think it was the middle drivers side one that was missing on mine lol

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
according to holden there are 6 the same size up top and 4 down bottom. still have inspection bolts so thats not a drama...
i can get the bolts from work so i might just get a whole heap then ill have them there and ready for when the gearbox gets back....saves waiting or trying to find them halfway through putting it back together