Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T700 how much are they worth?

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Hi guys,
As the title says I'm just wondering how much a T700 with under 200xxx km an in good nic is worth? As I'm looking at buying one but want to know what price is a good price.

Thanks!

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
if its a V8 T700 for your 5lt VK i'd say around $200-$300, it's hard buying a trans as you will never really know until it's in. I sold a V6 T700 with unknown condition from a Calais i wrecked for 150 and the buyer said it was great, take the plunge if its the right price.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
You can spend about $1500 fixing a trans or take the risk for $150-$300 for an unknown condition trans or you can talk to the commodore frenzy factory boys on 97298126 and get one with a warranty for somewhere in between. It all depends on whether you can install the trans yourself or if you are going to have to pay for the labour. If you can do it yourself then you can't go wrong with a cheapie, if you need to get it installed I'd want to make sure it's a good one first.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Yeah for a V8. I can do the labour myself so I'll look at a second hand one. Reason I ask my brothers got one he wants to get rid off but I don't want home ripping me off lol.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Haha I wish it was that easy.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
If you're quick with the swapsies why does he need to know?
"gee my trans sure improved heaps with that new oil etc.... I'm so glad I don't have to swap it now"

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Yeah when he's away for the day it might just end up in my car haha. Thanks for the info guys!