Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T700 Problem. What's the way to go ?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I've seen too many 'rebuilt' transmissions fry very quickly, and from trans builders too. The are plenty of good ones around, but you'll pay. Personally I'd always go the good second hand trans if they're readily available at low prices. Otherwise I'll rebuild my own.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have never had problems with rebuilt transmissions before but definitely need to be picky about who builds it. Not something i would attempt myself as the most i have ever done was changed a filter. Even now though i don't even remove the pan, i prefer to pay someone as they know what to look for if something is starting to wear out inside. OP sorta sounds like he may have a go at it himself anyway?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If your fluid is at the right level and has been serviced reg then only thing is to rebuild it, should take about a day or 2 if your gain to tackle it.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I have never had problems with rebuilt transmissions before but definitely need to be picky about who builds it. Not something i would attempt myself as the most i have ever done was changed a filter. Even now though i don't even remove the pan, i prefer to pay someone as they know what to look for if something is starting to wear out inside. OP sorta sounds like he may have a go at it himself anyway?
Yeah under most performance circumstances you'll find any major limitations or shortfalls VERY quickly. For an n/a daily driven 6 you'd be hard pressed to find those shortcomings.

Morses World

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Commodore executive
Yeah under most performance circumstances you'll find any major limitations or shortfalls VERY quickly. For an n/a daily driven 6 you'd be hard pressed to find those shortcomings.

Hi Guys, thanks for your advice. I will check the fluid and also check the TV Cable for adjustment as well. See how it goes.
If that does not work then I will get it rebuilt by a Trans builder that I know. He Quoted me $1500, the price looks reasonable considering how much the Rebuild Kit & converter cost.
Thanks all of you guys, much appreciated.

Morses World

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Guys, I Have been offered a Auto trans for $150. From one of my brothers mates, but it's from a VR but my VN is only a Series 1 1989 Car. Will it work well if I put it in as it is. Or do I have to change the computer etc. What do you guys reckon.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Electronics are different, wont work unless you change your electric system.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah VR on have a 4L60e, be hard to make it all work.

Morses World

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Guys, thought it would be to good to be true. I'll fix mine up unless I can find a good second hand one.
Cheers.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
450k is a good run for the ol' jalopy.

I tried to find th700 awhile back but gave up as availability sucked or they were stupidly priced.