Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T700 Rebuild - Best place to go (wa)

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
Need to get my T700 in my VP SS rebuilt, can anyone recommend any good places to go to in perth?

Also while im at it thinking of strengthening it a bit, its stock with just an exhaust, so i assume just a simple shift kit will be enough?

Cheers

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
Need to get my T700 in my VP SS rebuilt, can anyone recommend any good places to go to in perth?

Also while im at it thinking of strengthening it a bit, its stock with just an exhaust, so i assume just a simple shift kit will be enough?

Cheers

hey man I had my th700 rebuilt a few years back in qld and I recommend doin everything to it if your gunna keep the car for I while,I ended up spending $3400 on mine which included cutting and cleaning the stall and putting on twin trans coolers,it has stage 2 shift kit,corvette servo,forward element sprag,triple clutch packs,"the beast"drive shell,and heaps of other stuff I cant remember but its probably the best thing ive bought for my car and every time I take it back to get serviced the fella that built it shows me the filter and its spotless each time and it dosent exactly just put around the streets all day either.but at the end of the day it comes down to dollars and what the car means to you I suppose.sorry I cant recommend somewhere over there but just ask heaps of questions before handing over ya money.

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
Cheers for the advice man.

Basically the car we owned from new, since '93, but sold it a few years ago. Some young bloke got it (im 18, dunno if i can say that haha) and ####in trashed it. Hit it with a lawnmower, car is got scratches everywhere, and just basically didn't look after it. Pretty upsetting as when we had it it looked like it had just rolled out the show room floor. Car at kms we sold it at drove amazingly, (for its age), and now ive got it back and the gearbox is shagged. Engine is unhappy, body needs touching up. Still really nice in general, just needs some fixing. So it had a lot of sentimental value, but can see an engine rebuild in the near future as well. So im not sure. Its my daily now, but its TOTALLY original, so i wanna keep it that way. factory hub caps, charcoal colour with red stripes, everything.

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
What i meant by that was, its a daily cruiser, its slow as ####, so i don't need it to handle 400rwkw lol, just want it strengthened, and shifting properly. Changes really slowly, flares up 1000 rpm between gear changes more often than not cause the gear changes take so long etc. Just tryna bring it back to its original quality