Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tacho has got Tourettes

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
hi fellas its been a while i've had this issue but its stupid now. My tacho basically is spastic all the time, it just flys and jumps up nd down the dial. doesnt even hang around the aproximate rpm, i've seen it at moments hangin around 3000rpm on idle, WTF? Any ideas to fix this???? tis really giving me the shits now. thanks :)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha wtf. yeh am thinking i have to rip bloody dash out :( nd git it a spray with contact cleaner, but i have no idea what caueses it?...

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Good chance the wiring membrane is starting to crack up and makes intermitant conection.. Usualy breaks at the plug where the membrane is bent over..Temp and fuel are usualy the 1st ones to play up/

If your good with a soldering iron you cam repair the tracks.

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
Hey mate my VS ute has the same problem only it wasn't just the tacho my whole engine was spastic, i changed the plugs and leads as i had a miss fire which i thought was linked to it, the new gear helped make it run a bit smoother and it now rarely chucks a spaz but still has a missfire, so im thinking Coilpacks, as one has a different volt reading to the rest or even a DFI module. hopefully this helps but if it's just your Tacho then more then likely its a wiring problem.

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh i reckon wiring too. But to your crazy uterus i reckon is DFI or ignition module, i just had an issue with the clubby yesterday and after much research those characteristics are symtoms of a "on its way out ignition module"... wish mine had symtoms

vscaprice98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs caprice
i had prob with me tacho doing the same as urs m8 was doing it for about a month then the module died then the tacho was fine after i replaced the module