Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tacho help

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
hooked up a tacho (got another 1 neways) but when i hooked it up there is no reading, the tacho is fine cause i got it replaced, and we tested it in 2 cars, just incase the problem hapens with the new 1, what could be the problem...

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
have u got it on the right side of the coil? im guessing vn's still have coils, i had 2 put mine onto negative, naturally thought it would be positive but it wasnt

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh i wasnt quite sure, thought they couldve been different, good luck with working out the problem anyway

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
well some dude on the vn-vp forum said his wont work cause his car has a computer, when it works on an fj, i thought that was weird cause lots of people with vn-vp and any commodore up really has a tacho and it works fine, but yeah, i hope when i get my new 1 it works good, u can check it out, its on a thread in vn-vp called "ebay is awsome"

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
FJ will have a single coil.. piss easy. lots of people have problems connecting tachos to VN+ but coolvncommodore is my proof you can. we were sharing info and tips about it when he was putting one in his. there was one problem but i think it was just a blown fuse from the power source.

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
yeah i know u can hook tacho's up to vn's, mine went in no probs, but another tacho on the same circuit wouldnt, we have started to think that vn's ahve a weak signal for tacho's and thats why only certain ones will work...

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
blue vn said:
what wire do you use to hook one up
if your referring to the signal wire. look next to the right strut tower in engine bay (standing at front of car) and there will be a brown wire with white clip. just tap into that or tap into the brown/red wire in the loom going up into the dash cluster.