Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tacho manual

Kuzzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Exec Wagon
hey guyz i need a little hand, i was given a tach from one of my good mates but at the of the tacho is a black, red, green and yellow wire i have been told that red and black is for earth and power but wat the green an yellow for and would someone where i can get a manual from to install it in my VP wagon.......
Thaks Guyz

Kuzzy

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
what brand tacho is it?
try there website for support.
i would be guessing the green and yello would be for lights and signal wire.
one ignition power will make it work then another power wire to light it up when you turn your lights on.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
green is generally meant for the coil pack eg. tacho terminal on coil pack. My vn has a tacho wire running along the passenger side front guard. If you have this tacho wire just get a connection and plug it in ( it s a little white connection running with the fat wires) the yellow wire goes to your headlight fuse. Easy as that...

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
yeah its usually a pink wire all you have to do is hook it up
pull the light out and use a multymeter and check the resistance form the light to one of the wires. one of the wires will have no resistence on both terminals and the other one will have only restiance on one of the terminals this it the one for the light