Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tacho still pi##ing me off

wes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5 spd man.
Yeh guys i'm using a couple of cheap tachos until i can get the wiring right... the tachos have been hooked up to other cars and they work fine but hooked to my vn and they don't work...I have hooked into the brown wire up near the spring tower(no work) I have hooked into the brown wire that comes out of the ign module (no work) a mate has had auto barn do his for him $90..We have hooked into the same wire as they have(brown with a red trace) found under the dash still no work....So I am still wondering if from the factory when new if the non tacho models have a wire disconected or missing.... Wes.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the brown wire near the strut tower is the correct one, no idea why it wont work?

Rob

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have always wired mine (both my VN and my VR) off the stock one in the dash, easiest way, just splice into it.
AirStrike :air:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
alot of tachos have a little switch at the back to switch between 4 - 6 - 8 cylinders. you'll probably only flick the switch with a skewer.

speedotom

Auto Instrument Repairer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubmud.com.au
Members Ride
2003 V2 CV8-R MONARO
speedotom

Your VN probably doesn't have the same signal as the other car, some CHEAP tacho's just won't pick up the VN signal.

I've had one before and I told the customer to take it back and spend a little more on a well known brand and it work with out hesitation.

Tom