Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tacho

B

blue vn

does any one know how to wire up a monster tacho the brown wire does not work and i know it s wanky but up got to have the wank factor

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
im doing the same thing at, and if u look on the the right hand side under the hood (facing the car) there should be a big group of wires and leads, 1 will be leading nowhere with a small clip, just wire that up to the tacho and it shows u then revs, (the green wire on most tacho's) and it can replace the brown one behind the dash....

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
38VNIT said:
im doing the same thing at, and if u look on the the right hand side under the hood (facing the car) there should be a big group of wires and leads, 1 will be leading nowhere with a small clip, just wire that up to the tacho and it shows u then revs, (the green wire on most tacho's) and it can replace the brown one behind the dash....
i think thats what he ment by "brown wire"

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
not always, lots of poeple refer to the brown wire as the one being hidden behind ur cluster, but either way, if he is talking bout one in the engine bay, there should be 1 behind ur cluster...

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
i got a multimeter and tested both wires behind cluster and and next to strut tower. they have the same reading. either one should work... dont beleave me ask coolvncommodore caus he tested his tacho on both sources and both worked as well as had the same reading on tach.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
can anyone help me on why my light wont work in my tacho? its just a cheaper 1, no shift light or anything, it works fine otherwise

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
this my sound dumb but do u have it set to a suitabile rpm

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
sorry didnt look at the date

Kevvy075

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx commodore
in my 2002 VX commodore, the remote trigger wire to wire up a 5" tach cannot be found.

what colour is the wire that goes in to the dash cluster? i am told it is a BROWN wire with a RED tracer......is this correct? and can i plumb it on to that?