Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tacho's

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
CHANDLC said:
was just refering to my car, some people think the same about it

Thats not rice mate, thats wholesome country goodness.

I just wish five posters were not illegal in W.A. :mad:

5600RPM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8
hotrod32 said:
SO not even if the person in the stocko commodore likes to go racing, or just likes to drive the thing hard, with having to look away from the road for extened periods?

Or you could spend some time getting to know your beloved commodore, and attune your ears to the sound of the engine.

P

Pwr-51

i know i lot of people with them. I believe they are good. Helps me out dont have to look at what its doin and. Mines to the left blocking the speed alert and one air vent

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
5600RPM said:
Or you could spend some time getting to know your beloved commodore, and attune your ears to the sound of the engine.

Dont get me wrong mate, i know my beloved commy inside and out, but the sounds she makes between 5500 and 6000 arnt much different, and if you manage to venture above that you get a nice slap of rev limiter.....

5600RPM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8
hotrod32 said:
Dont get me wrong mate, i know my beloved commy inside and out, but the sounds she makes between 5500 and 6000 arnt much different, and if you manage to venture above that you get a nice slap of rev limiter.....

Yes, you do. However, your revving pretty hard at 5500... Im sure that missing by a few hundred RPM isnt going to be quite that detremental to your race. Have fun with the moster tacho tho...

A

aquabog

Im not attempting to make you look like an idiot, I am just saying that money could be better spent on other things. Spend it on performance upgrades, things like that. If you realy need to know when to shift, just get a shift light and mount it where the cops cant see it. I would prefer for my car to go fast rather than look fast. But thats just me.

didnt know u could just buy the shift light where u get em from?.. I wouldnt mind a tacho in my car so aslong as its a lil 2-3" one that can sit in tha corner knowin when to shift would be good. but i wouldnt like a monsta tacho some thin that looks like a clock that belongs on the kitchen wall

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
you already have a tacho.
does it go to 9 thousand revs cause you know vR's rev to that much.
did ya get a shift light as well. cause otherwise ya wouldn't know when to shift gears.
i know mount it to ya bonnet so its outside the car. all the cool dudes are doing it.
and it makes ya car go faster with areo dynamics

mate...i notice your a smart alec

no 1 puts thier tachometer on the outside on their bonnet..if you look closely at the gauges they are oil and water

water and oil pressure gauges dat are run mechanically are MEANT to be on the outside

you dont want to run a high pressure oil and water line into the cabin now do ya....hence what will happen next if an unlikely accident happens to occur

fried skin any-1....with extra engine-oil?