Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taffy, The VS Executive with big dreams.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Fair call. I'm not even sure which way to go with this one. I'd like to do a V8 manual conversion but, I keep window shopping cam packages and looking for secondhand superchargers for the V6.
A good supercharged v6 conversion is nice light weight and can make good power.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That bloody supercharger makes me spend way to much time/money on my missus car....

Vexhana

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Never had forced induction so, would be a whole new world for me.

Small update; after running the shorter serpentine belt to bypass A/C for a year whilst I decided whether to keep or not, I finally decided to pull it out(mostly). After having the system discharged, I removed compressor, accumulator and condenser. I wasn't in the mood to pull the dash out again so, cut the lines close to the fire wall, crimped and folded them until I have the dash apart another time to get the evaporator. After weighing everything that came out, it resulted in ~11kg reduction, a bit more than I was expecting and certainly welcome coming off the nose of a V6. It also opened up the front air dam for better airflow to the radiator so, engine and transmission should be happy, too.
RTEh23b.jpg

Vexhana

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Members Ride
VS Commodore
After some delays with mismatched parts, finally installed a new steering rack, rods & ends. But, once I put her back on the ground, I discovered I had a flat tyre. A screw had made a home for itself in the tread. So, limped to my local tyre shop on a half flat spare where they fixed the puncture and did a wheel alignment. Now, hopefully my diff gasket shows up today so I can change the gear oil, probably for the first time in the car's life.
qdps5XY.jpg

Q7k7NYo.jpg

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
looks wicked, had a vs back in the day, one awesome thing i done was colour matched my door handles, found silver handles from a statesman

ive seen white door handles on gumtree here in adelaide lately

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
ok bugger it i photoshopped u some white door handles on it #sortof

88FYGvm.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nice ride, not sure about VS but my LSD in the ute has a drain plug so no need to remove the cover, unless it's leaking. I am fairly sure this was a feature on VS as well.
Shame about losing the A/C but I know what it can cost. I spent probably $1000 bucks on mine and that was with a fair discount on parts. I still could use an new comp but at an extra 600 bucks I will wait until mine shits itself before I replace it. Probably one good part on the VR A/C is the comp as they were a fairly decent unit from factory.

Last edited: