Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tail light tinting

Siggz

Reaction score
Website
www.flightsite.com.au
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Yes, the topic that's been covered a thousand times before!

Only this time asking something different, should I tape up the indicators (clear panel) before I do it or just smoke the whole lot?

I plan on only giving it one coat of nightshades as I don't want to attract the attention, I just don't want the bright red anymore.

thoughts?

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
1 coat loooks nice 2 lite coats loooks nicer 2 coats looks dark. 3 coats looks like your an idiot lol

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
YouTube - HOW TO TINT YOUR TAIL LIGHTS WITH VHT NITESHADES (VIDEO 2 OF 2)

look at that i reckon it comes out nice as that dark if i can be bothered im going to do it.... but i think i might go buy a spare pair from the wreckers and see how long it takes me to get done for them haha

but yeah i'd mask the reverse and indicator... like he said in the video you cant see behind you at night when reversing

LOYAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I ended up masking up the indicators, the reflector and reverse light, just to be safe from cop attention. Have a pair for sale for $70 if anyones interested as I no longer need them. (message me if interested, located in Brisbane)

cheers :thumbsup:

Picture here http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=1314141

sorry not sure how to resize or attatch correctly :doh:

Last edited:

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i have an old pair of vy s tailights although one of them is cracked... im in syndey but pm me if you want them to practice on

AlexJun

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Vy s series 2.
pictures? i'm planning on doing mine.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
I did it on my VX, Was very happy with how it turned out.

Thought it would have tunrned out a bit dodgy being that it's spray on however turned out 100%! Look's like pro tint. Very glossy.

Almost 2 year's on still look's like day 1, I did light coat's so the end turned out quiet light, Reflector's are still visable in the day.

It's better to do a light shade, Look's great and you are still safe on the road. No point completly blacking them out like i see some idiot's do.

I think i did 5 very thin coat's just for durability.