Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tail lights and instruments wanted

wizzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore, VX Acclaim X2
I need some tail lights for my vp sedan, some of those modded up ones (don't know what their called)... one of mines faded (obviously a cheap replacement sometime) I also need an instument cluster, my odometers stopped... It has a tacho...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
If you pop around to a wreckers, you could probably pick up a cluster with tacho for around $50-70. Tail lights... probably fairly cheaply too. Do you want to clear ones? I know I've seen a pair of them going for about $150 somewhere.

wizzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore, VX Acclaim X2
yea, if I'm gonna spend money, I'd rather get those clear ones...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
is the center garnish on your boot red (like your lights), or grey, or colour-coded to the car? Because I tend to find that on a sedan, if the garnish is red or grey, the white (altezza?) lights tend to look a bit out of place. Just my opinion anyway :)

cbb01

Reaction score
Members Ride
SUPERCHARGED VP COMMODORE
well i actually got pulled over last week and the coppers looked VERY closely at my clear lights. He said they were ok for him as i had the couloured bulbs and therefore showwed the correct colour when braking etc. He did say that whilst he ad many of the cops had no problem with them the Department of Transport guys that pull you over might. That is in QLD anyway.

i also agree that they dont look that nice on some cars but it is all personal choice. If we all liked the same things the world would be very boring...

if you want them buy them. There are always heaps on ebay but look through all of them as the first ones might not be the cheapest. You should be able to get them delivered for $150 or so.

actually here are some buy it now ones for under $100

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-VN-VP...QQihZ016QQcategoryZ102560QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem