Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tailgate won't open

s-dino

Reaction score
Members Ride
stationwagon
Hey guys. I have a problem with my holden commodore station wagon (year 98).
The tailgate won't open anymore. First it won't closed not really. Than i tried it a little bit harder. And now its closed and won't open. Does anybody have an idea how i can open it again?
Cheers

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hey guys. I have a problem with my holden commodore station wagon (year 98).
The tailgate won't open anymore. First it won't closed not really. Than i tried it a little bit harder. And now its closed and won't open. Does anybody have an idea how i can open it again?
Cheers

OK, it would not shut so you slammed it and broke either the gate latch or the hook it locks onto.

Best thing I can suggest is, while holding the button in (providing the button still works) move the tailgate in and out and bump the bottom of the tailgate with the side of your fist.

If the button is not working make sure it is unlocked first.

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
Try climbing in the back, pull the card off the lid and try manually working the mech. Could have jammed

s-dino

Reaction score
Members Ride
stationwagon
I can unlock my car with the remote. But how can i be sure that the tailgate is unlocked as well? It seems to be.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I can unlock my car with the remote. But how can i be sure that the tailgate is unlocked as well? It seems to be.

If it is unlocked there will be a slight pressure on the button as opposed to almost no pressure if it is still locked, also, you will hear the tailgate unlock if you stand at the back of the car and press the remote.

s-dino

Reaction score
Members Ride
stationwagon
Ok. Than its still locked when i unlock it with the remote. How can i unlock it from inside. I tried to find a video on youtube. But i had no luck

Adaml123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore wagon
I have a similar problem with my VZ wagon rear hatch not opening.

Did you manage to fix this problem?

How can you get the trim off without opening the rear hatch to reach the lower trim screws? Or do you have to rip the trim?