Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tailshaft Centering bush

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Looks like you have the centering bush in the gearbox yoke but it is flogged out?
Just need to work out if you need the 14mm ID or the 16mm ID bush and order one from Hardy Spicer.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I imagine it will be a press fit job.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This is one method.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Does anyone know how how to remove an replace the centring bush
I think last time I had to do one of them was on a VL and I removed the extension housing then used probably a long rod to tap it out the end.
Too long ago to be certain but I doubt you can do it in place with the output shaft in the way.

The hydraulic action only works for the likes of the bush in a flywheel or similar where you pack it with grease then smack a gearbox input shaft into it and it pushes the bush out.
It will not not work in the rear of the box because you have nothing to hold the grease/oil in place and the output shaft makes it impossible..

skippy73

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.0 ltr
I think last time I had to do one of them was on a VL and I removed the extension housing then used probably a long rod to tap it out the end.
Too long ago to be certain but I doubt you can do it in place with the output shaft in the way.

The hydraulic action only works for the likes of the bush in a flywheel where you pack it with grease then smack a gearbox input shaft into it and it pushes the bush out.
It usually does not work in the rear of the box because you have nothing to hold the grease/oil in place.

Andrewsteen

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss sedan
Ok I’m pretty sure it’s a centring bush that I need I’m pretty sure the centring bush goes onto the end tail shaft here are some pics
1 is what’s left of the rubber coupling
2 Is the rubber coupling end of tail shaft where the centring bush sits
3 This is the end of the gearbox does anyone know what the name of that bush is called
This is the part here I blew my coupling and just got a new one and I been looking everywhere to find a replacement for the thing u described my other one is bent and just badly gone so I just baught this part apparently according to the reciept it's called a cetering bush

Attachments

• IMAG0649.jpg
    IMAG0649.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 53