Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tailshaft for v6 conversion in vh

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
just wondered if there are any other options to run a v6 auto in my sailsbury diffed formerly 202 vh than shortening my original front shaft?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
why dont you bang the v6 front half to the vh rear half?

when i done my efi 304 into vl i used vn front half with vlt rear half no issues

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
why dont you bang the v6 front half to the vh rear half?

when i done my efi 304 into vl i used vn front half with vlt rear half no issues

+1 use the donor car front half and your rear half, most you can separate at the cv joint. If you still have my number feel free to give me a call if not send me a pm with yours and ill ring you always happy to lend a hand where i can.

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
If you have the small salsbury with the 6 cyl tail shaft the center bearing and CV are all smaller than the V6/V8 so they do not interchange.

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
yeah wasn't sure on that point hence why i said "most" as i changed to the vl borgy diff in mine so my vs front half bolted up the the vl rear half even the balance is pretty good.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You need a VB-early VK, V8 tailshaft, and the VN front section. Dont worry about getting it balanced, i didnt and mine has no vibrations what so ever, just make sure you line up your uni joints as close as possible.