Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tailshaft vibration??

R/Tcharger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hey need help with humming vibration on VX ss manual. Does it at between 100-110kph cabin fills with hum. Had rear main done by mechanic & when it came back it had this hum. Was told it was the tyres, changed wheels, still hum. Took tailshaft bolts out today & turned shaft a third turn & put back on,(yet to test) noticed up/down movement in tailshaft centre bearing. This supposed to have movement? anyone have any ideas? cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id definitely test drive it after turning the tailshaft around a bit,Ive had this happen after removing the tailshaft for whatever reason and Ive fixed it by turning the tailshaft 180 degrees and bolting it back up again.Its pretty mad how half a turn can throw it all out of whack.I always mark it now so it goes back the same.Its trial and error to find the best place if you are fitting a different shaft though.

R/Tcharger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
yeah i usually mark tailshafts & clutches but don't think the mechanic did.. i hate other people working on my cars but i need this one on the road.. thanks for you input