Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Takata Airbag Safety Recall (global)

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
As soon as reasonably possible.....with the emphasis on reasonably.....and reasonably meaning different things to consumers, regulators and manufacturers.

At the end of the day, if Takata simply doesn't have the replacement stock, there is not a lot that the vehcle manfacturers can do. They can't just shazam the bags out of thin air.

How much power does an Australian Government agency have over a foreign manufacturer to enforce any self determined timeframe (2020) for completion of the recall program anyway ?

Interesting times ahead.

I guess my point is they need to chose their words a bit more carefully, this isn't something that would have been thrown on their desk first thing in the morning. This would have been known to those for a few days so don't go blazing out the urgency theme when consumers can't actually do much at the moment.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I guess my point is they need to chose their words a bit more carefully, this isn't something that would have been thrown on their desk first thing in the morning. This would have been known to those for a few days so don't go blazing out the urgency theme when consumers can't actually do much at the moment.

Agree.....I'm not trying to defend the process or those making the decisions.

With the creation of a sense of urgency, they are now being seen to be doing something, as ineffectual as that may actually be.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Just got my recall done today and it proved why I dislike dealerships- they decided to hook my auxiliary socket back up incorrectly causing the fuse in my gps to blow and also burn out my usb adaptator. Then when I didn’t drive out straight away because of this the mechanic then claimed my install was dodgy and that caused it. They then put the incorrect fuse into my gps(works but isn’t the correct one) just to get me out of their driveway, not happy jan

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hallelujah, The NZ Government (the new Labour Government) has issued a mandatory recall today effecting about 50,000 vehicles.

I'm glad we had a change of government as the new Labour Government is taking some real steps to tackle big issues where as the previous NAtional government where very much hands off and letting capitalist markets dictate how things went.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Rechecked our 3 all good
thanks for the new link

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Nice work fella's.
Just rechecked my VE sedan via VIN number on Holden's website (scroll down to the bottom of page)
All GOOD....yay! :)
And decided to update my contact info with Holden for any future possible recall issue notifications

https://www.holden.com.au/owning/airbag-recall

The following link may also be helpful for anyone checking other manufacturer vehicles of family and friends
(Active recalls last updated 1 August 2018):

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recalls/compulsory-takata-airbag-recall/takata-airbag-recalls-list