Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Takata Airbag Safety Recall (global)

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
The companies that made these cars should have to remove these faulty airbags and let the cars drive around without them until a suitable replacement is available. It would have to be safer to drive a car without these faulty airbags.

But there was support for a stupid statistic that claims that it is STILL much safer to drive with these potentially faulty/dangerous airbags because not all are faulty. Also legal implications with insurance companies if you drive a car with some of the safety features disabled and get injured. Your insurance can be challenged.

They seem to forget that the claim that not all are faulty is also a statistic.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all had the news on this morning and they going on about this Takata airbags recall again saying that it’s now a compulsory recall of all manufacturers have the airbags in them and that Holden Ford and Volkswagen and now part of it as well.

I was under the impression the Holden did not use these airbags??

I don’t remember when all this takata stuff started?

I don’t think that my15 SSV would be affected as I thought this whole recall started before 2015??

There’s nothing on any recalls the Holden, Ford or Volkswagen yet the news was saying that will be an updated list released today

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Thanks heaps for sharing that info and giving everybody the heads up.
This has been really helpful for me already.......
I am going to check out a ZRE152 Corolla Ascent Hatchback this arvo for the missus that is amongst those year models listed.
Will definitely be checking the VIN number to see if it is effected and the airbag needs to be replaced.

Just a follow up:
I bought that Corolla for the missus and it was one of the vehicles with the suspected faulty airbag.
The woman I bought it from was very honest and promptly told me about the airbag recall before I even took it for a test drive.

Stupid I know, but I totally forgot all about the airbag recall until a couple of weeks ago when I received a letter from Toyota Australia advising me that the vehicle was affected and that it needed to be replaced.
So I rang the local Toyota dealership and now I'm just waiting for the new airbag to arrive.

Will be interesting to see what model Holdens need replacement airbags when they release the updated list of affected vehicles

Last edited:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
The updated list as of today still indicates no Holdens are part of this recall. But by april the list maybe updated to include model brands and models. Ford, Holden and Tesla (Plus others) were the ones mentioned in the electronic media this morning

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
The updated list as of today still indicates no Holdens are part of this recall. But by april the list maybe updated to include model brands and models. Ford, Holden and Tesla (Plus others) were the ones mentioned in the electronic media this morning

A section of the report from an online newspaper I was reading this morning, mentions Holden but models to be advised.

The ACCC announced certain models from the following brands - which have Takata airbags made in Germany - are being added to the recall campaign once more information becomes available:

•Audi

•Volkswagen

•Skoda

•Ford

•Holden

•Tesla

•Jaguar

•Land Rover

The list of exact models is yet to be released by the manufacturers.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I imagine any Holdens affected will be the Euro models as a German branch of Takata would be a major supplier to multiple European manufacturers.

This raises a point. Who makes Australian Holden model airbags?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
We only need is someone to lose their head and everything will be fasted track. (god help us)

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How fast can they actually track it though ?

Do they have the X million bags available for installation now ?