Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Take a pic - blockout reg/license plate or not?

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I have my Commodore SS-V Redline MY17 in colour Light My Fire on order (due the end of May), and once I get it I am going to take a lot of pictures of it. I have noticed around 50% of people who do take pics of their car and post online either blockout reg/license plate and the other 50% like to show their reg/license plate.

Do you block or show your reg/license plate? And why do you show or why you block it out? I have a few theories in mind but curious as to what your comments would be. Tell us and show us a pic of your ride.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
If you wear a tinfoil hat....

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
IMG_1475.JPG
I block my plate because stalking loonies are real. BTW Does my arse look big from this angle?

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
View attachment 191644 I block my plate because stalking loonies are real. BTW Does my arse look big from this angle?

Yes, your arse does look big from that angle o_O OK you have stalking loonies in your area.. got it.. but I know which beach you're on..
So what is the 470 upgrade?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I used to but don't bother these days. My cars stand out enough anyway. Not much you can deduce from rego plates anyway.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
On-line and general Identity Theft is a very serious problem within the world. Collecting the rego number of your vehicle, the make, colour, obvious accessories, where spotted, who driving, etc, etc can be used as the basis of establishing a profile of you and or family members with the intent to use it for ??????? most likely criminal purpose. Believe me, it is very easy to perform and can be extremely useful.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OK you have stalking loonies in your area.. got it.. but I know which beach you're on..
So what is the 470 upgrade?
L88 is an extremely rare upgrade designation essentially a cross between the 6.0 L77 flex fuel engine and the 6.2 LS3 with continuous VVT in the US called L99.
L88 is hand built by V8 Supercar series Chief Engineer, Craig Hasted of Cragsted Race Engines in South East QLD, to achieve a reliable specific output of 100 HP per litre naturally aspirated (470 kW). Compares favourably as a highly efficient upgrade. See more in the forum Showcase.

Last edited: