Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Take a pic - blockout reg/license plate or not?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I have seen instances where scammers have put up fake for sale ads on gumtree/carsales using photos of someone else's car they have found online.
With so much fraud, identity theft and malicious activity happening these days you never know who is lurking here, so I would rather not have my rego showing for all and sundry to see.
I have also heard of instances where Holden and other various brands have declined warranty because they have trawled the net and dug up info on the owner ie. the car was used at a dragstrip or track day.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah all true. But, my car gets spotted driving around everyday haha.
There's an element of risk in everthing. But risk has 2 elements, consequence and likelihood. Yeah, someone could see my rego plate online, track me down, steal my car, my money, my wife (insert Wife joke here). But then, why me? There are cars everywhere, they can take their pick from. Also larger bank accounts, and less scary dogs. The consequence may be med to high, but the likelihood is so low it doesn't make it onto my risk register.
So, VFII-17, I post my plates here and there. Coz I like it. Oh, and coz the tinfoil hat stops "them" from stealing my thoughts. Shhh, they're listening. Ixnae!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yeah all true. But, my car gets spotted driving around everyday haha.
There's an element of risk in everthing. But risk has 2 elements, consequence and likelihood. Yeah, someone could see my rego plate online, track me down, steal my car, my money, my wife (insert Wife joke here). But then, why me? There are cars everywhere, they can take their pick from. Also larger bank accounts, and less scary dogs. The consequence may be med to high, but the likelihood is so low it doesn't make it onto my risk register.
So, VFII-17, I post my plates here and there. Coz I like it. Oh, and coz the tinfoil hat stops "them" from stealing my thoughts. Shhh, they're listening. Ixnae!
Well my credit card got stolen once but I never cancelled it because the thief uses it less than my wife did :D

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I had a set of caprice wheels for sale about 12 months ago. My photo was very distinguishable, and had popped up on a number of ads on gumtree (full set for $100 - which is unheard of) and google searches.

Regarding the rego plates, it's a good idea to hide them because all it takes is for one person to make a phone call and you're in a whole lot of trouble (you'll be left to prove your innocence - probably not a problem for NZ members though).

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I blacked mine out as I noticed others doing it, no other reason than that, guess I'm just a sheep and follow others. From some of my earlier posts people have probably worked out what city I live in and if they want to track me down will be pretty easy as I think the total LMF SSVR's around here at the moment would be 1 and that would be mine.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a set of caprice wheels for sale about 12 months ago. My photo was very distinguishable, and had popped up on a number of ads on gumtree (full set for $100 - which is unheard of) and google searches.

Regarding the rego plates, it's a good idea to hide them because all it takes is for one person to make a phone call and you're in a whole lot of trouble (you'll be left to prove your innocence - probably not a problem for NZ members though).
I'm naive. Explain please?

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
I know why people do it but I am not so paranoid, so I do not bother. I can post pics on here but not vids for some reason.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know why people do it but I am not so paranoid, so I do not bother. I can post pics on here but not vids for some reason.
I use Youtube. Easy to set up amd seems to work well.