Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Take a pic - blockout reg/license plate or not?

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I use Youtube. Easy to set up amd seems to work well.

You should have a YouTube link at the bottom of your signature. I typed in "426cuda" into YouTube and I got 2 cars dragging each other. Not you obviously...

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
L88 is an extremely rare upgrade designation essentially a cross between the 6.0 L77 flex fuel engine and the 6.2 LS3 with continuous VVT in the US called L99.
L88 is hand built by V8 Supercar series Chief Engineer, Craig Hasted of Cragsted Race Engines in South East QLD, to achieve a reliable specific output of 100 HP per litre naturally aspirated (470 kW). Compares favourably as a highly efficient upgrade. See more in the forum Showcase.

Thank you for the explanation. I want to keep my MY17 as stock but would like to buy a used SS and somehow upgrade it, but 3 things are getting in my way - the Mrs, money, and garage space!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I'm naive. Explain please?
Sorry, should've been a little less cryptic :p

All it takes is for somebody to call the EPA (for noise, smoke etc), and you'll be receiving a letter stating that you must present your car within a short period to prove your innocence.

It's happened to a couple of people I know (who probably weren't actually innocent) but it's certainly worth taking a few seconds to blank out your plates imo.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

All it takes is for somebody to call the EPA (for noise, smoke etc), and you'll be receiving a letter stating that you must present your car within a short period to prove your innocence.

It's happened to a couple of people I know (who probably weren't actually innocent) but it's certainly worth taking a few seconds to blank out your plates imo.
Ah, ok. Cheers.
But nah. I'm a good boy.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You should have a YouTube link at the bottom of your signature. I typed in "426cuda" into YouTube and I got 2 cars dragging each other. Not you obviously...
Nope.
I don't have much on youtube. Just a few car and fishing vids. Pretty bland really.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride

OK, so I started this thread so I can understand why people would block out their plate or not when posting a pic. I will be getting my car soon and I have some unique plates. I will be taking lots of pics and videos, and was wondering if I should block out my plates or not. A pic is easy to block out on a plate but a video is a lot harder. I know that it can be done on a video with all the fancy software these days but I don't know whether I can be bothered.

So people steal plates and place on on different cars for various thefts. The likelihood that someone would recreate the exact same SSV Redline sedan or wagon or ute for theft seems quite extreme. EYY has made a good point regarding some idiot calling the EPA for noise, etc but other than the standard bi-model exhaust with the occasional squirt/noise that's all I'll ever being doing.

Keep the comments coming, and some pics of your plate blanked out or not.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I didn't used to disguise it but recently a company on another forum went beyond the pale to stop criticism levied at their claims for a lucrative performance product.
Stating an opinion that a company's product is crap is fine, until you reveal how it is misleading in detail by presenting and comparing facts. Even then a corporation can't prevent reasonable queries being put, nor does it need to respond.
However the corporate tactic changed when I began to cop personal threats and abuse from one of the directors. That spilled out from ignoring DMs to real life with personal calls and voicemail on my private mobile, and other detailed threats based on private investigation into FaceBook pics / activity, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
Personal shock turned really nasty when the company's legal team threatened to prosecute me unless I apologised to this director and promised not to mention him, company, product again. So yeah shepherded for blackmail in the form of a criminal and civil suit for lost company business because I allegedly besmirched a director... who also threatened to kill me. Just don't need that.
In so far as a reliable chain of evidence the rego plate identifies you by linking your vehicle and the comments you make as well as videos you post online. Determined nutbags whether rich, poor, individual, corporate or government, may use that morsel against you for a range of unscrupulous activities... only for the duration that the internet exists.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OK, so I started this thread so I can understand why people would block out their plate or not when posting a pic. I will be getting my car soon and I have some unique plates. I will be taking lots of pics and videos, and was wondering if I should block out my plates or not. A pic is easy to block out on a plate but a video is a lot harder. I know that it can be done on a video with all the fancy software these days but I don't know whether I can be bothered.

So people steal plates and place on on different cars for various thefts. The likelihood that someone would recreate the exact same SSV Redline sedan or wagon or ute for theft seems quite extreme. EYY has made a good point regarding some idiot calling the EPA for noise, etc but other than the standard bi-model exhaust with the occasional squirt/noise that's all I'll ever being doing.

Keep the comments coming, and some pics of your plate blanked out or not.
Once you upload video to YouTube the Creator Suite has some advanced Google video tools to hide ID and create distortion through AI including a guide missile type rego cloud!
Means you don't need to do stuff frame by frame anymore.

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Ah, ok. Cheers.
But nah. I'm a good boy.
Yeah, but point is that if you offend somebody on a forum (for example), they can use that as a way to get back at you - regardless of whether they know how loud your car is or how you drive etc. They don't need to give any evidence at all, they just have to make a single phone call. It's really sad how some people operate.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
And this is why I don't engage idiots online who want to have a fight.
It's also why I have a number of associates who can persuade people through various means, should it have to come to that.

I didn't used to disguise it but recently a company on another forum went beyond the pale to stop criticism levied at their claims for a lucrative performance product.
Stating an opinion that a company's product is crap is fine, until you reveal how it is misleading in detail by presenting and comparing facts. Even then a corporation can't prevent reasonable queries being put, nor does it need to respond.
However the corporate tactic changed when I began to cop personal threats and abuse from one of the directors. That spilled out from ignoring DMs to real life with personal calls and voicemail on my private mobile, and other detailed threats based on private investigation into FaceBook pics / activity, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
Personal shock turned really nasty when the company's legal team threatened to prosecute me unless I apologised to this director and promised not to mention him, company, product again. So yeah shepherded for blackmail in the form of a criminal and civil suit for lost company business because I allegedly besmirched a director... who also threatened to kill me. Just don't need that.
In so far as a reliable chain of evidence the rego plate identifies you by linking your vehicle and the comments you make as well as videos you post online. Determined nutbags whether rich, poor, individual, corporate or government, may use that morsel against you for a range of unscrupulous activities... only for the duration that the internet exists.