Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Take a pic - blockout reg/license plate or not?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
And this is why I don't engage idiots online who want to have a fight.
It's also why I have a number of associates who can persuade people through various means, should it have to come to that.
Yeah, it's not a case of starting a fight for the sake of it, I will still make a brief comment if a company appears to be talking crap / ripping people off, but caveat emptor / fools and their money, etc.
I stay away from forum congregations that are set up as fertile ground for snake oil sales with privileged pulpits / sponsor soapboxes and no editorial ethics or way for members to opt out.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah, but point is that if you offend somebody on a forum (for example), they can use that as a way to get back at you - regardless of whether they know how loud your car is or how you drive etc. They don't need to give any evidence at all, they just have to make a single phone call. It's really sad how some people operate.
Good point.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
I
I use Youtube. Easy to set up amd seems to work well.
I have that many accounts Cuda that i either lose passwords too or forget I can not really be bothered setting anything else up but I just posted some vids on instagram and fb of the missus giving the VF a boot up our road.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I know what you mean.

I got approached upon purchase of my LSA vehicle when I introduced myself on that forum related to the car manufacturer.

Yeah, it's not a case of starting a fight for the sake of it, I will still make a brief comment if a company appears to be talking crap / ripping people off, but caveat emptor / fools and their money, etc.
I stay away from forum congregations that are set up as fertile ground for snake oil sales with privileged pulpits / sponsor soapboxes and no editorial ethics or way for members to opt out.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
I have always blanked out my plates in the past on my vehicles. For several reasons, some of which have already been mentioned previously in this thread.

One of my cars is 1 of approx 1000 delivered to aus 20+yrs ago and 1 of ~120 which was a wagon (and has somewhat identifiable plates) Many of them have been stolen and written off or stripped or recovered damaged or used in robbeies and torched etc over the years, several of my close mates ones included.

I blank plates to try make it a tad harder for people to identify/recognise etc for the dodgy c@nt$ out there that may want to steal it etc.

In this day and age I think any little bit you can do is a good thing, I've had a few people msg me on Facebook (who I don't know/complete randoms) and they know what cars I drive and where I live. Don't know whether they've seen me on cruises/trackdays/forum or fb posts/pics or what but they know where I live and where some of my cars are.

I work hard for my money and spend too much of it and my time on my cars for some dud to come along and take them so anything I can do to prevent that I will.

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
Its pretty easy to piece together a profile of someone online in order to learn more about them. A number plate here, a description of vehicle there. A user/nickname here, a location/suburb there. etc, etc.

People might forget that they once used to have an account with the same username but on a different forum, they may forget they once posted pics of their local car meet or chatting to locals. Next thing you know, someone with a grudge who you once got into a keyboard war with knows your plates, type of car and the suburb you live in and you come back from the shops to find a giant key job done up the side of your car.

Paranoid? Maybe. But it takes 2s to limit the amount of information you share about yourself to literally anyone.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bloody hell, now I'm getting paranoid.

I do virtually all my Just Commodores posts from my phone.only rarely on my work laptop. Can someone tell me how to blackout my plates on a Samsung?

Oh, and can everyone please forget my rego plates and that I live in Wagga? Cheers! Hahaha

VF2 asked us to post a pic of our rides. That's why I posted mine. It's optional of course. But I was keen to see a few. Other than Monstars fat bum;)

So where are they lads and ladies?

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
received_1145307112282310.jpeg

Well, that was easy.