Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taken the plunge.....

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
I've just booked the ute in for a WP 230 kit, upgraded transmission cooler, clutch and Di Fillipo 3" system.

I know this setup costs a little more but the warranty coverage makes it worth it I think - didn't want to go

OTT just a nice smooth power upgrade which won't stress other components too much.

The plan is to upgrade brakes & suspension in the near future but keep the exterior low key - the AFM badges

will go, would like some old style chrome V8 badges to sit below the front indicators behind the front wheels.

Keep you posted....

Cheers John

:beer chug:

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
They include a tranny cooler for a manual?

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
No such luck - it's an auto and you pay for it :hmmm:

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
I hope they're not charging u 4 a clutch......having an auto & all....:idea3: Pp

VESSVUTEWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SSV Ute 6.0Lt Man
Yoot

If you are looking at upgrading your brakes i can highly recommend HARROP Monstor Kit. 356mm front and rear slotted rotors with Harrop 4 Pot Front and Rear calipers. i use these for racing and they have been beyond awesome. Stopping power is brillant. They are around the $4000 mark but well worth the dollars compared to HSV brakes which i believe are more expensive. You will need a Minimum 18 inch rim to fit these. I have also upgraded to braided brake lines and 660 degree motol brake fluid which is DOT 4.

VESSVUTEWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SSV Ute 6.0Lt Man
Also the brake pads they use are Bendix ultimates. A bit dusty by they work really well. I did however change my front pads to Bendix Street Road Track pads and cannot complain

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
If you are going to make it go, you've got to make sure it stops. The standard VE brakes are on the edge for a V8, thus bigger brakes would be a must for what you are looking at re the WP package.

I've got the same brake set-up at VESSAUTEWA and are extremely happy with it. Beware, jump on the Harrop brakes hard and your brain will want to leave you via the front of your head. LOL.

Cheers