Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taking a mechanic/garage to court!

vtbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt 3.8
Has anybody ever done this or know of anybody that has?
Was it successful and what were the circumstances?
Thanks for any input.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
No can't say I have, but I sense of story of discontent, so whats going on lol? Leave out the business name though for legal reasons

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
I am guessing they filed for bankruptcy before the court case, went to court they lost and now they pay you 10 bucks a week for the next 20 years?

Calais1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo S2, VX Calais S2, WH Statesman LS8
I would have liked to taken some a few times, but the time it takes and well as the hassle.
I end up just let them know I am not happy with their work, and I will not give them any positive words in ‘word of mouth’ advertising.
I don’t go out of my way to be negative towards anyone, just when a conversation goes that way.
Like they say word of mouth is the best form of advertising, good or bad

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Has anybody ever done this or know of anybody that has?
Was it successful and what were the circumstances?
Thanks for any input.

It depends on what is wrong and if it was actually caused by the mechanic, i mean i am in no place to offer legal advice (i'm no lawyer) but if its something that is clearly a mechanics fault, then you have the right to have the mechanic rectify the fault, and if they say no go though the proper channels, like the ACCC or Consumer Affairs in your state, then if that does not comply they will help with the legal proceedings.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I have.

The story is as follows (and i WILL use the company name, as i was successful in court).

I blew the rack in my VP, so i took it to Profix Pooraka to be fixed. cost about 1000 all up for the new rack and labour. So i pick my car up, thinking all is good, pay the bill and i'm on my way. I get about 5k's down the road, and see smoke coming from the bonnet. Pull over. Blown again and power steering fluid everywhere.

I rang him up and told him what happened, and he said bring it in tomorrow to fix it. I thought awesome, he's going to fix it for free. When i went to pick up the car, theres a bill for $1200. I laughed, the worker behind the counter didn't. I told him what happened, and he said he can't let the car leave without payment. Not wanting my car to be there over night, i payed him 500 to release the car. Went down and filed the paperwork to get my money back.

Court date rolls around, judge only needed about 3 minutes to decide in my favour, and he was made to pay back the 500. He then claimed bankrupt, so i didn't see a cent. But, theres ****all you can do legally. I'm sure karma will get him sooner or later.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Well at least now he can't open another business with bankruptcy to his name, or apply for any house loans. So sucked into him. And good on you for taking it to Civil Court and winning.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well at least now he can't open another business with bankruptcy to his name, or apply for any house loans. So sucked into him. And good on you for taking it to Civil Court and winning.

Yeah, he lost that business (and someone else runs it now, but i have a feeling it was the 2nd in charge that was the one who actually took my money)
He does still seem to always have nice cars tho, so he must have drug money or something.

I wasn't the only person either, when i got my power steering fixed after his ****up, the company told me that he owed them money aswell.