Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

taking black stips of vr doors

vr chick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss series 2
Hey all i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice i have just taken the black strips of the side of my vr and i was just wondering if anyone knew how to take the black silicone of the door without scratching the paintwork.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
pretty much impossible to do without marking or scratching the paint in some way, the black stuff is urethane, aka sikaflex...and was really never meant to be taken off.
do a quick search through old threads and you'll find alot of info about it, but as i said, near impossible to get it all off without showing signs (marking, scratching paint, etc.).
if however you were planning on putting painted moulds back over the area or something along those lines you can use a caramel wheel/pin stripe remover...it will leave small "burn" marks, but if your covering the area up it wouldnt matter.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
yer i wouldnt bother. i managed to remove half my paint when i did mine. its a **** of a job. get it done proffessionally.

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
i did in years ago and i sould of just replaced the dam doores lol.
i did one side by cuting them off with a razor blade and the other side a mate did.My side was good but the other side my mate did he buckeld both doores lol lucky thecar was geting a respray.

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
i did mine a while back... but i went one step further and actually filled the grooves in so my doors are totally smooth.

Attachments

• tn_100_0137.jpg
    tn_100_0137.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 172

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
which looks sex :D

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
very nice i think im geting slightly ferm :thumbsup:

harvma20

CarPC[====----] 50% Comp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
done this took the whole weekend, ewas a bitch, probably should have looked nthe forum firstlol