Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

taking LPG system off one car for another?

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
I have a VN on LPG. Im planning one getting a one tonne tray of some sort. Is it possible to take the LPG system of the VN with the view of fitting it to the new car?

Is it a big involved job? thanks for any info...

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
depending on what sort of ute, yes it is possible and you might be able to use the covertor and a few lines and stuff, but i would doubt the tank would fit and the mixer would be different unless you were running a V6, always a good start thought to have some of the items needed, makes it cheaper in the end,
well thats my thoughts
cheers, nick

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i think it has to be re-checked once its installed in a different vehicle as well

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
first of all you have to write to the alterntive fuel board requesting compliance plates,(this came in last weeK) with a installer once the letter has been responded to then you can swap it over

the systems should be cross compadible but the VN is injected so.. if the 1 tonner isnt then you'll have to get a new system.. the tank should work

id look for a carby gas system and leave the vn on lpg to be honost.. its alot of work