Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taking on a Council!

tdog

slipstream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 355
hey guys (and gurlz) hows everyone going??

the other day im driving my clubbie ( vx - only done 39,000km) in a car park with f**king potholes the size of craters and *bang* drop my left front wheel into one going only 10 - 15 km per hour.
i knew it was a knock but didnt think too much of it. HOWEVER - since then ive been getting a shuddering in my steering. Im not sure when it was last balanced but will get one done soon to see if this is the problem. I thought perhaps the pothole could have f**ked up my steering/suspension or sumthing.

If this is the case Im going after the council for damages - has anyone else done this before and what was the outcome?? OR if you have any ideas about the shudder could u please let me know

cheers
mark:mad:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ok, if it's just a balance why waste your time chasing $10?

Spend more of your time wanting them to fix the road instead of in court somewhere.

PS: Councils usually pay for this anyway providing you can show images of the pothole and the damage to your car

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Get the car fixed first with a detailed invoice of repairs, then decide if its worth approaching the council (dependent on cost).

Could you see the potholes in the carpark? If they were the size of craters I'd expect you would have - and should have driven around them! Maybe just advise the council of the potholes and ask them to fill them in?

A pothole can and usually does throw your steering out a little - quick alignment will fix that. Nothing should be damaged at the speed you were going.

But saying that, good luck if you proceed with compo from the council. I haven't heard many success stories there.

tdog

slipstream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 355
lol, if i'd seen the one i drove into i would have driven around it :) it wasnt until id hit that i noticed all the others - probably checking out sum chicks or sumthin.

Yeah i'm going to wait n see what the damage is b4 i do anything, was just wondering if anyone else had attempted to get money off a council.

cheers anyway

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yeah thought there might have been some pervin' going on but didn't want to mention it :w00t:

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Depends if the carpark is covered by council, you may have to chase it up with the shop or whatever carpark is was.... But I think there is no chance, because thing you can do though is make them aware so it doesn't happen to others......

My Mum tripped up a kerb which hadn't been finished on a footpath, broke her two front teeth, she tried to get money from the council and did not succeed.... All she wanted was for them to cover dental, didn't want anything else.....

So good luck if you choose to proceed....

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
You might have bent your rim when you hit the hole which would cause it to go out of balance.Shuddering in the steering is definitely a balance problem. It doesnt take much to bend a rim if you have low profile tyres.