Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

taking out the spool :(

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
It would seem that to become an expert in car control and automotive mechanics requires about 1-2 years of experience.
Those of us who have been doing it for 20+ years have obviously been doing it wrong. We never made mistakes nor learnt from anything we did.

What the hell would we know anyway.

I'll go back to bashing my head against the wall, it's less painful.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
It would seem that to become an expert in car control and automotive mechanics requires about 1-2 years of experience.
Those of us who have been doing it for 20+ years have obviously been doing it wrong. We never made mistakes nor learnt from anything we did.

I never said I was an expert in car control, I just know how my parents drive and think I would be better at controlling my car in a bad situation, although that being said I can't say that about everyone else that has been driving for 20+ years.

There are a lot of legal Nazis on this site, mention something illegal such as flicking a cigarette butt and you get condemned, get real you've all done something illegal once in your life so don't sit there and act like you're an angel.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Your post says alot. Moving fields for abit, people i've worked with who have the mindset of 'its always been done this way, so its the best way' are usually doing things the most ineffective way. Same could be said for driving, theres plenty of people out there who have a license, yet cant drive for ****. I now have this opinion of you because of your response.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Same could be said for driving, theres plenty of people out there who have a license, yet cant drive for ****. I now have this opinion of you because of your response.
Ya mum tell ya that?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ya mum tell ya that?

My mum, my dad, my grandparents, other peoples parents. Anyone who is a **** driver, i usually tell them ;)

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
My mum, my dad, my grandparents, other peoples parents. Anyone who is a **** driver, i usually tell them ;)
So your mum, dad, grandparents and others parents have all told you you're a **** driver?

At that point, you kinda wanna hand in your license and take the bus dont ya?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
So your mum, dad, grandparents and others parents have all told you you're a **** driver?

At that point, you kinda wanna hand in your license and take the bus dont ya?

I read your post wrong, my answer was to 'ya tell ya mum that?'. Should have been clear by the 'anyone who is a **** driver, i usually tell them'.

Havn't had a single person tell me i'm a **** driver.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Why because I was a new P plater in a car with a spool I wasn't aware about?

Yeah I'm a real criminal, I had the car inspected and driven by a mechanic to tell me what it was, after finding out that I couldn't afford a replacement diff I left it in and learnt to drive it in the wet, I've had my license for 2 years now, I still have all my original demerit points, never had an accident and never been fined for anything and I bet I could control a car better than my parents in a bad situation.

But yeah I'm a monster and don't deserve a license.

The spool had nothing to do with you loosing it. Complete lack of throttle control did. Not having an accident sounds very much like good luck rather than any skill. By your own admission above you cannot handle a car in even common situations such as going around a roundabout. If your parents are worse than you, then god help us all.

Reaper