Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taking Wing Off Vz SV6

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Yeah Paul, sorry fellas, should have specified which badges. Just the Commodore/Alloytec 190 and SV6 badges. Would leave the front and rear Holden badges of course :) BECAUSE ITS A HOLDEN! NOT A FKN CHEV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck
if your going to do this its best to do it properly. if you use grommets you need to put them in very tight, but with that said, the process of getting them in tight can dint your boot if your not careful.
i did it to my car (VT but its the same process) and it really pays to just go that bit further and get it welded up, sanded and resprayed. sometimes its even cheaper then getting a whole new boot for it. and it turns out great

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
Yeah Paul, sorry fellas, should have specified which badges. Just the Commodore/Alloytec 190 and SV6 badges. Would leave the front and rear Holden badges of course :) BECAUSE ITS A HOLDEN! NOT A FKN CHEV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha yeah thats right Ewok :thumbsup: cant stand it how people do that ruins what a holden is

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck

that can be done in 15 minutes there is a 'how to' thread about it on here somewhere just do a search

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
grommits look sooo tacky and dodge. either keep the wing or get it done properly. my wing has been removed, holes welded, debadged and where the locating holes for the lion badge have been welded.

have a dig through my my ride thread ( my signature has link) i took my boot completely off, gave it to my cousins b/f to do the job because i didnt want my car parked in a workshop for a week. rather it sit at my place.

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
grommits look sooo tacky and dodge. either keep the wing or get it done properly. my wing has been removed, holes welded, debadged and where the locating holes for the lion badge have been welded.

have a dig through my my ride thread ( my signature has link) i took my boot completely off, gave it to my cousins b/f to do the job because i didnt want my car parked in a workshop for a week. rather it sit at my place.

Fark.... I love ya ride dude.... :D looks so so awesome makes me wanna do something like that to my ride... dont know if i would debadge it like that...

but love how it has tuned out looks amazing mate good work :thumbsup:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
yeah, that is a hot VY. Saw something similar to it in Perth bout a month ago, guy didn't look like he'd be part of a car club, just someone who took care of his car. Was black VZ SS, de badged, no spoiler (holes closed properly etc) lowered, twin tipped exhaust, squatted nice for takeoffs n **** too. Darkest legal tint and the paint was immaculate, looked like he had it resprayed and clear-coated aswel. Black 18" rims similar to DVSV8. Was a bloody nice ride. I mean of course I don't have the performance aspect at the moment, though many would argue that the SV6 is more than enough power for a 6 these days as it is, I still want to clean mine up and take away a lot of the bling aspect from the badges and ****. Tidy is nice :D

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
any before and after pics? thinking of doing this myself.

is it just as easy to put it back on?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI

Ive been thinking about debagding my SV6. haha, so true mate, speaking of which a saw a blue VZ SV6 same as mine, with a chev badge front & rear, im thinking wtf, y the hell would u do that!

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
HAHAHAHAHA chev badge on a V6 ... gg :D