Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taking Wing Off Vz SV6

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
HAS A BLACK VZ SV6 NOW !!!
Hi peoples :thumbsup:

does anyone know if there is a guide on the forum as of yet to take the wing off the back of a Vz Sv6, just curious how hard it would be and what wires i would need to cut i guess...

Removing the wing and cutting the wires would that get rid of the rear parking sensor at all does anyone now at all ???

Cause i wanna have the whole sleek look to my vz sv6, so wanted to remove the wing and lower my ride :D

please let me know

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
pop the boot, there is 2 nuts either side of the the boot(you cant miss them),
as for the wiring, there is one small plug on the inside of the boot panel, sort of hard to decribe, but if you lift the boot up and have a look as if your trying to see the back of the number plate, on the drivers side there will be a small twin wire, which leads to the spoiler, un plug it, no need to cut

also has nothing to do with parking sensors so dont worry about that

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
It's extremely simple... All you need is a shifter, and NO wire's should be cut..

First pop the boot up, undo the 4 bolts, then remove the wing.
The brake light will be connected, so simply UNPLUG this! Do not cut it.. there is no need to...
BAM your done.

5 rubber grommets are then needed to fill the holes.. these can easily be found. (Bunnings, AutoBahn, SuperCheap)

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Thinking of doing this to my car also and de-badging it. May sound like a silly question, but debadging a car would not reduce the market value of it would it? (only if you some how manage to f*%k it up.... and damage the paint yeah?) I mean srsly, badges are a dime-a-dozen :D

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
pop the boot, there is 2 nuts either side of the the boot(you cant miss them),
as for the wiring, there is one small plug on the inside of the boot panel, sort of hard to decribe, but if you lift the boot up and have a look as if your trying to see the back of the number plate, on the drivers side there will be a small twin wire, which leads to the spoiler, un plug it, no need to cut

also has nothing to do with parking sensors so dont worry about that

wow sweeet guys :D that sounds so freeeking easy as.... here i was worried as hell... hahaha i am new to all this kinda thing i guess just dont want to screw anything up on my new Sv6 that's cheers guys :thumbsup:

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
It might to some people i guess... cause some people prefer to have a holden badge over a chev badge or no badges for that matter

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thinking of doing this to my car also and de-badging it. May sound like a silly question, but debadging a car would not reduce the market value of it would it? (only if you some how manage to f*%k it up.... and damage the paint yeah?) I mean srsly, badges are a dime-a-dozen :D

Or just remove the SV6 & commodore badge:thumbsup:

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
can anyone here comment on the grommets? Do they leak or are they a good seal? how long do they stay good for before they leak/fade ect?

I would prefer to find a white bootlid that never had a wing, and replace my SV6 one with it, but thats easier said than done :p

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
can anyone here comment on the grommets? Do they leak or are they a good seal? how long do they stay good for before they leak/fade ect?

I would prefer to find a white bootlid that never had a wing, and replace my SV6 one with it, but thats easier said than done :p

yeah mate that is what i am thinking as well hey.... i would rather a new black boot lid...