Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tasmanian lifestyle...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you could just live under this:
2626.TravelingRoundRockDSCF4041-719173.jpg

:p

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Well we can get a completely renovated beach front 3 bedroom house with new Garage w/concrete flooring for $230p/w.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep.
And the cost of living is cheaper then vic. Meat is on average $2 more expensive. Everything else is as cheap or cheaper.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
Have you looked at the work aspect of things??Cheaper housing and living costs are 1 thing but whats work and wages like?Adelaide is good for both cost of living and ok wages jobs

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I grew up in Tasmania, spent 16 years there all up. If i was ever to live there again, it would be Launceston, it gets way to cold in Hobart in winter (for me). Try looking at some houses in st Leonards, if your not already set on Hobart. We built a house there years ago, really nice area.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Work isn't an issue for me at the moment and I wouldnt move to Adelaid if you paid me to.
Quick308 - We aren't set on any particular location. I've seen some really nice properties in the Launceston area.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Tasmania is a growing state, so many people seem to be moving here from the mainland. Recently friends of my fathers moved here from WA, for the same reasons you seem to have. The quiet, rural life. A lot of people I know that have come here for a holiday from interstate are blown away at how relaxed and friendly people are and can't wait to come back.

Moved FROM WA to Tas for the quiet rural lifestyle? :hmmm:
as soon as you leave the Perth metro area you're in the quiet ass end of nowhere.

Also, even though our driving is shocking we're still leagues in front of Newsouthwhaleans and Victorians for being nicer people.