Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tassie Calais

taslucas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim
Hi guys. Just joined up and thought I'd start a ride thread.

The car is a 99/00 HBD VT Calais series 2 V8. I recently purchased it from Melbourne and gave it a new home here in Tas.

So far I've only done a bit of maintenance (lower control arms, ball joints, brake pads, fuel pump) but the previous owner has done a lot of work to it (shout out if you see this mate, I'm loving the beast).

3.72 diff
balanced tailshaft
built auto
255 walbro fuel pump
Higgins race heads
VCM 11 camshaft kit
LS6 injectors
Ramjet OTR
Pacemaker tri y extractors
2.5 inch exhaust.

Dyno'd at 285rwkw

First V8 I've owned and absolutely loving it!!:rofl2:
calais4_zpsf51tkt6n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here she is enjoying some beautiful tassie frost
calais_zpslpejhcrm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
calais2_zpsarxsywup.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Nice ride..that's no ordinary v8 with the Higgins heads etc so it would be very enjoyable to drive..any interior pics..well done and welcome..

taslucas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim
Hi mate, cheers. Yeah it really is an enjoyable drive! Lowered, stiffened up and on those 20s it's bumpy but sure sticks to the road.
All calais leather interior, full electrics etc and a DVD/Gps unit. A few marks and little tear in the seat but ok condition. Ill get some more pics up soon

taslucas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim
Hello again. It's been a while since I've been on and there's not much to report about the commy. It's booked in to get new strut mount bushes/bearings soon and has been cruising along nicely. I was going to post another few pics but I don't seem to be able to do it from the browser on my phone? Does anyone have any tips there? There's no button to add photo...