Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tax back ?????

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
How about not dodging the system and literally only claim the things you buy/use.. For example, im a telemarketer, so I claimed my trousers and shoes, dry cleaning of course (not excessive amounts), I claimed fuel usage getting to and from the interview, and stationary.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
who said the laundry one was on my own clothes ??? i meant it as uniform thats supplied not my own stuff

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
it also depends on what bracket you are in both my mum and my gf's mum work full time my mum works 2 jobs aswell they both payed upwards of 14k tax and got back very little few hundred at most. where as i worked 4 different jobs for a few months each earing good money but i was in and out of work to so i earnt much less but only payed a fraction of the tax thy did and i got just over a grand back. so the less you earn and them better u claim the things ou can claim the more u will get back. if you have a really hi paying job you will get very very little tax back. find out what bracket u will be in

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
How about not dodging the system and literally only claim the things you buy/use.. For example, im a telemarketer, so I claimed my trousers and shoes, dry cleaning of course (not excessive amounts), I claimed fuel usage getting to and from the interview, and stationary.

None of those are legal deductions, so thats dodging the system :) You can only claim clothing if it is an industry specific uniform, not every day pants and shoes for a telemarketer.

You can't claim fuel costs for going to interviews either.

C.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Whats the go with claiming a car?
If i own a business and say buy a car and use it as a rolling business card (eg: decals and stickers with company name), can i claim on that? does it depend on what field my company is in or can it be any? (always wanted to know)
it all depends on what your job is and how you use your car

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
You can claim up to 5000kms at I think 67 cents without any documents or physical documentation. That 67 cents is the maximum cent per km amount you can claim. Thats assuming you will be using the VN. When picked for an audit though, make sure you can support your claim... With laundry, last I checked is you can claim $150 max for UNIFORMS ONLY.

They also cross match your claims/income against what you put in your job description.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Sashyre has been correct in all posts.

www.ato.gov.au All the info is there, plus contact numbers, and you can request for written information to be mailed to you if need be.

Just be absolutely sure you are claiming correctly. It can take up to 24 months to cross reference the info. That means you will also be hit with a General Interest Charge (GIC currently 12.87% reviewed every three months) from what would have been the original due date if you are found to have claimed incorrectly.

Of note, if you signwrite your vehicle, to advertise your business but don't actually use the vehicle to obtain your income, you can claim the cost of the signwriting as an advertising cost (same as fixed signage). You cannot claim running, service, repair or cleaning costs at all.