Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tax time and go fast bits

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey guys this is slightly off topic but I did my tax return a month ago today via an accountant. Thinking I'd have my 5.5k refund back by now to do my full system (courtesy of Not an Abba fan) and then OTR and tune. But I haven't!!! My agent hasn't heard anything and the ato now says to wait a further 12 days.... I'm bloody over it I don't know what the go is. Does anyone know of or had/having the same trouble? Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
My last years return took nearly two months, this years was done in five days and they were just simple ones I done myself.

You may just be in a back log or they may be looking over your return with a 5.5k return that could be the case, I know of people who have had to wait for health insurance details the ATO didn't have or something, I wouldn't stress to much mate it will turn up.

You can also find out how its going online at the ATO sit, you have to sign up or you can do a quick search with your tax file number without signing up for a login.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
And this has been posted in the VE section, why?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
And this has been posted in the VE section, why?

Not a big deal mate. I have a Ve ssv and I discuss things with in the Ve section as it's the only section I use and look at. Just looking for some experiences from fellow members.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
My last years return took nearly two months, this years was done in five days and they were just simple ones I done myself.

You may just be in a back log or they may be looking over your return with a 5.5k return that could be the case, I know of people who have had to wait for health insurance details the ATO didn't have or something, I wouldn't stress to much mate it will turn up.

You can also find out how its going online at the ATO sit, you have to sign up or you can do a quick search with your tax file number without signing up for a login.

Thanks for that mate. Thats exactly what I was looking for a similar experience. I'm hoping that's the case. My circumstances have changed as I'm renting my house out this year but that's about it really so yea hopefully it's just a back log or a few extra checks.. Need it soon sick of a stock car lol :( but need it for other things too.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Oh and I have checked on the website it days it's passed 14 days so contact the ato and they just tell me 30 days now they've told me 12 more since its been escalated. So just gotta keep waiting :/

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Oh and I have checked on the website it days it's passed 14 days so contact the ato and they just tell me 30 days now they've told me 12 more since its been escalated. So just gotta keep waiting :/

Chances are you're getting audited.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you are getting audited, the ATO will contact you. They come and look at all your evidence for deductables and rebates you have claimed.

Most of the time the delay is in data matching. The ATO compares your data with Centrelink, CSA and other agencies to make sure you are getting your entitlements or paying what you need to.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
If you are getting audited, the ATO will contact you. They come and look at all your evidence for deductables and rebates you have claimed.

Most of the time the delay is in data matching. The ATO compares your data with Centrelink, CSA and other agencies to make sure you are getting your entitlements or paying what you need to.

Interesting! Thanks for that well my accountant nor I have been contacted at all by the ato in the past 4 weeks. So maybe it's data marching as I'm currently renting out my house and claimed some things which is the only change to my circumstances in over 5 years so maybe that's why they're checking that all out. Let's hope so. I've got nothing to hide it's just frustrating they won't help me is all :/

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Maybe you just entered your bank details wrong and some other bloke has your $5500 return? :D