Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tcc solanoid error code

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Got myself an aldl cable to read codes on my vy ute becuase i got check engine coming up in display 1st time i plugged it in i got veichle speed sensor error and tcc solanoid error second time i just got tcc solanoid ..was read that the vss can disturb the tcc solanoid if playing up i was just wonder if a bad vss would make the tcc solanoid throw a error code

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The TCC solenoid rarely plays up. If it does you would more than likely go into limp mode. Replace the VSS, clear the codes and rescan a few days later. I had TCC codes and it wasn't the TCC solenoid at all. If it still plays up, you will probably need to start by reaming the valve body and fitting a new valve and heavier spring. A stiffer spring, in the VB can sometimes fix the common cause of TCC solenoid error codes. Valve body problems are very common with this auto.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Thanks heaps know straight away if the error is still there check engine warning beeps and dlashes about 300m down the road without fail

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You probably had limited gears if the speed sensor wasn't working. That will most certainly cause lights and chimes. If the valve body needs work it will most likely still drive quite well. But the TC lock up will be affected, its not always easy to tell if the VB needs an overhaul.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
i dont think its the vb then the warning comes up 50 kmh 300m down the road far as i know torque only attempts to lock up at 80kmh or so and it sits at highway speeds with little gas peddle adjustment

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If the valve body has never been overhauled and the trans has some miles on it, it will certainly need work. Whether or not this is the cause of your issues, can not be certain. Just saying TCC solenoid issues are not too common, unlike worn VB. Both will affect the way it drives but VB will normally not be all that noticeable. So your issue could well be the solenoid or like you say speed sensor. I know what is far easier to replace and can be replaced with a SH unit in 10mins. Just a heads up, best to give members all the info in the first post. Because it was sounding like all you had was CEL, which doesn't always affect the way a car drives. But now we know you are having problems with gear shifts.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Drives fine except for down shift ocasionaly

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Thanks for replying i got a vss sensor on the way guess i i was just trying to get some more confirmation not many threads about it on google

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The valve body can be tested using tbe right scan tool, AFAIK though the only one that can perform the function needed to test the valve body is a Snapon.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I guess an auto transmission specielist is next step if vss doesnt work replacing they do a full test before attempting any work