Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TCI - Constant Pressure Valve Body

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
I have a VH with a 304 from a VR. I'm running an Edlebrock Air-Gap and 650Dp Brawler carby all mated to a built T700 gear box from a VN.

I'm having trouble setting the TV cable and the box slips when the foot it 3/4 or more of the way down on the accelerator pedal. I've read that this is a common issue with the T700 with a caby set up.

To eliminate this I'm looking at changing the valve body to a Constant Pressure Valve Body made be TCI. Just wanting to hear if anyone has used this sort of valve body before or if there are any other tips to help.

Thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, Scotty from Carnage used one in the L67 VN they built with T700 trans. Not sure how it held up as he blew up the motor but it seemed all good when it was on the dyno.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep may as well go full manual...can't get it correct no end of troubles.

Th7oo seem tricky enough having to change springs etc to get shifts correct with diff gear changes & that is with working tv cable.

Had my trans done by Craigs in past & last one by Shiftright...all had transgo kits.

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
Thanks,

I've had the box rebuilt and strenghtened with Transgo but can't get it shifting properly under WOT.
I 'm going to try the TCI Constant Pressure Valve body and see what happens. Fingers crossed I dont regret not going full manual valve body or a T400