Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teaching manual

commodoreboy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Woudering about teaching manual in VE sv6 sidi to learner drivers is it bad of they stall thr car constantly and make it jerk and all that sort of stuff that happens when you first begin?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Huh? Ingrish?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
The clutch will get a workout and probably need changing earlier, but no real mechanical harm will come to your car. Asthetics (paintwork, rims, scratches etc)... well, that's different :).

Just remember what you were like when learning... hill starts, riding the clutch, unable to judge distances (parrallel parking, gutter rash on rims, little dings here and there on body work).
But an engine constantly stalling and being restarted wont harm it. A long drive on a hwy to get it nice and hot and clear out any build up (and recharge the battery from being constantly used to start the car), will fix any issues that may arise.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its definitely not good for the car. My young bloke was doing learner driver training through joblink plus, they picked him up one day in a brand new 5 speed manual toyota yarris, it had around 20 km on the clock, the young bloke said when he got back that the car drove beautifully as you would expect.. A couple of weeks later they picked him up again in the same car, and when he got back, he said that the car was completely different to drive, the wheel alignment was out from where it was, and it didnt steer as well, and the clutch was coming right up to the very last bit of the pedal stroke before it would bite, so it doesnt take long for the clutches etc to wear down when youve got learner drivers slipping/riding it all the time when theyre first trying to learn how to use it properly.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
It's to be expected Brett... learners hitting gutters and wearing out the clutch is one thing, but I think OP was talking about the jerking and stalling of the engine. At least that's how I took it.

I think one thing the OP needs to check however is insurance issues.
Pretty sure if you are constantly taking learner drivers out in your car your premium is going to change.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Oh, now I understand. Take a 30cm metal ruler with you. Everytime they stall it, smack them over the knuckles with the ruler. They won't do it too many times.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Haha show bags, my dad does that to me, haven't stalled since lmfao

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Woudering about teaching manual in VE sv6 sidi to learner drivers is it bad of they stall thr car constantly and make it jerk and all that sort of stuff that happens when you first begin?

my brother is learning on mine, it's pretty normal even my dad struggles with it...it's not an easy car to drive compared to a 4cyl car and it's probably best you don't through him into the deep end

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series I VY SS Ute 5.7/M6
my dad used to make me hill start on the boat ramp next to the river. I learned how to use a manual pretty quick.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

You recently started another thread where you were having troubles stalling / bunny-hopping the car etc. And now you're teaching others to drive?

Are you sure this "learner" isn't you?