Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 1

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi,I just won a tech1 diagnostic scanner on ebay.I got it for $150
It comes with a heap of manuals etc,and about 14 cartridges.I was just wanting to know if I will need different cartridges for Aussie Cars, or are they all the same.
Ive tried to put up a link to the item,but I cant get it to work.

Last edited:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
When I used to use a Tech 1 there were different cartridges for different cars, although alot of them interchanged, hope you get a manual with it.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Hi,I just won a tech1 diagnostic scanner on ebay.It was In America,got it for $150 US.
It comes with a heap of manuals etc,and about 8 cartridges.I was just wanting to know if I will need different cartridges for Aussie Cars, or are they all the same.
Thankyou.

Did you do research before you actually won the item to make sure its going to do what you want it to do?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Did you do research before you actually won the item to make sure its going to do what you want it to do?

Yeah I have to agree

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah,got a heap of different manuals etc with it, and at $150 if it dont work, well too bad,but it all looks pretty good.It should do everything I want to do with it.I hope I can get the cartridges for commodores etc if i need them .If anyone has any info on the tech 1 or the cartridges, it would be greatly appreciated.The following cartridges come with it.

Hydra-matic 88-91

Hydra-matic 88-90

GM 90-91 3.1,3.4,4.0,5.0,5.7 PFI FTD

87-90 ECM plus

GM 88-91 Body systems

GM truck 89-92 REAL/4WAL

GM 88-92 BODY SYSTEMS

GM 88-91 2.3L PFI FTD

MASS SORAGE CARTRIDGE

W 1988 GM10 SYSTEM

BOSH ABS ADAPTOR

GM 88-92 BRAKE

88-89 ABS/IPC AND ALL 88-89 E&C SYSTEM

F/Y86-89 5 AND 5.7L FTD

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I ve tried to find info about it,google etc,cant find much about it anywhere.You would think someone on here would know something about these things and what it can do.(besides checking error codes).

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't know much about them but I will assume the early ones do nothing other than check codes

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I know that it can program keys if you know your bcm code,holden usually look this up via the VIN number online when they program new keys.I know theres other stuff,but am not sure what exactly.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
doesnt tech 1 only do vn and vp so wont be coding any keys :D

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
funny that, I was at holden about 4 months ago, got 2 new keys programmed, and he USED A TECH 1 to do it. we were talking about them and how they changed to a tech 2 . I wish I asked him more about them, so I dont know where you heard that from.All this is what Im trying to find out about,I own a vs 95 and he definitely had a tech 1 plugged in to it,I watched him do it.It said tech 1 on the front,and looks exactly the same as the one I got.Thats why I bought it,soon as I seen it,I recognised it strait away.I got the bcm /key code from the holden mechanic as well,its a six digit code.
Does anyone else know anything about this.

Last edited: